Main > Project Announcements

javeryh's Salisbury Beach Twin Tullys

(1/80) > >>

javeryh:
Now that my last cabinet is 99% finished and I've been playing it daily for over a month it's time to start the next one so I can continue the streak of never actually finishing something 100%.  I absolutely love the form factor of the Tully cabaret so I'm going to build another.... and another!  I have no more room in my house but I still have the itch to build so these are both going to end up as Christmas gifts for my nieces/nephews.  Wife is on board so that's a plus.

Project features:

* 15" vertical screen (LCD)
* 4-way joystick
* 2 action buttons
* 1P and 2P start buttons
* Personalized static marquee
* Woodgrain side panels with black interior
* Undecided on coin door or just coin buttons
* Black "leather" t-molding
* Polycarbonite CPO
I am undecided on the guts.  With Ond's help, I'm going to see if I can get a dedicated MAME set-up working on a Raspberry Pi 4 with a minimal front end.  If this ends up not working I'll probably go with a 60-in-1.  This needs to be almost idiot proof since I'll be 4+ hours away and not able to fix something if someone screws up a setting.  The kids range in age from 5-14 and have not been exposed to arcade games before except when they visit, which has been a while since the whole pandemic.

Another goal is to have each machine come in between $400 and $500 in total cost.  Going to be tight.  I already cut two side panels and should have the other two cut by the end of the week.  I made a pattern out of 1/4" material and that makes quick work of things... which would be even quicker if my blades were sharp.

As you can see in the pic, I'm not breaking the front into two separate panels like last time so this will really look like a Tully when finished.  This is to keep things as easy as possible.  Less interior panels to cut this time.  Going to be kind of weird building two at the same time but should be fun.

thomas_surles:
 :applaud: :cheers:

Mike A:
Dang. 4-500 hundred bucks for a Christmas gift.
What do I have to do to call you uncle Javeryh?

I have gifted bartops I built to 3 different families. They all really love them. All 3 insisted on bartops against my advice. All 3 now wish they would have allowed me to build a cabaret.

yotsuya:
Cool! Keeping an eye on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vertexguy:
Nice!  Love more Javery build threads.  You gotta at least finish off that bartop though.  The finish is in sight!  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version