Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: G07 CBO display issue  (Read 1745 times)

joecitizen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 08:45:44 am
G07 CBO display issue
« on: March 20, 2021, 01:44:32 pm »
I was having curl and centering issues with this chassis, so i recapped it and replaced the horizontal width coil. Now it’s even further out of whack than it was. Seems like no pot or jumper adjustment will be enough to bring this in line. Anyone have an idea of where I should start here?

Edit: I did the sync upgrade; I wonder if that could have thrown this ever farther off, and also apparently not have fixed the curling issue as well  :dunno
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:52:57 pm by joecitizen »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
Re: G07 CBO display issue
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 07:32:06 pm »
what game board is it and what connections are you using on the chassis for the signal input, blue is missing but i imagine you know that

joecitizen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 12:30:05 am »
It's a Ms. Pac Man board connected to the chassis with a 6 pin header.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 04:58:24 am »
is the cab a dedicated ms pacman?
I don't know if this game is + or - sync but if the cab/game board are all original then the wiring says its + sync
if  the issue is chassis related then it will probably be a bad transistor in the sync circuit, blue missing could be bad solder joint on crt socket or chassis to neck card header or even another transistor or blue signal missing from game board

joecitizen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 06:19:03 pm »
Just to follow up on this in case anyone ever sees the same issue...

The offset picture was 100% a sync issue. I broke out the two sync pins from the 6 into a 3-pin connector, and the picture was perfectly aligned.  Also eliminated any curl.

I had another neckboard lying around, swapped that and it turned out that fixed the lack of blue as well.

Thanks for the help Grantspain - you set me looking in the right places.