Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ParaLLEl 64 (HW) and CRT emudriver  (Read 2223 times)

sozuke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2021, 07:05:45 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
ParaLLEl 64 (HW) and CRT emudriver
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:46:02 am »
Hi guys!

I've got an R9 380 with CRT emudriver 2.0 beta 15 (Adrenaline 18.5.1 for GCN) on Windows 10. Works great with switchres in Retroarch for all the 8 and 16 bit consoles with Vulkan as the graphic driver.

I'm having a problem with Retroarch and the ParaLLEl N64 core, specifically when using the "Paralell" plugins for both the RDP and RSP. As I understand it, these plugins, which need Vulkan as the graphics driver, should offload a lot of work to the GPU and get angrylion-like accuracy but better performance.

When I load a game with these settings I get at black screen with giant letters spelling "ERR". I can hear the sound of the game in the background. I've tried searching the forum and Google, but I've only found a few posts relating to Android versions of Retroarch with this exact problem; in those cases it's supposedly caused by the following problem:

The Vulkan driver for your GPU is likely missing these two Vulkan extensions, which ParaLLEl RDP requires.

VK_KHR_8bit_storage

VK_KHR_16bit_storage

I'm guessing this is related to the CRT emudriver Adrenaline version (18.5.1) being slightly old, but I really don't know. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: ParaLLEl 64 (HW) and CRT emudriver
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:22:51 am »
Yes, it's clearly that. A newer Emudriver would be needed for this. I don't have an schedule for this, yet.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

sozuke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2021, 07:05:45 am
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 08:50:51 am »
No worries, thank you for the quick response and your awesome work! I'd love to make a donation as a thank you, will use the donate-button on the "Donations"post at geedorah.com.

psakhis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:06:22 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 11:01:47 am »
Hi, i have vulkan updated driver with CRT emudriver 2.0 beta 15 on win7x64.

I post steps i followed.

1-Download latest drivers
 2-Expand vulkan files, in my case: amdvlk32.dl_, amdvlk64.dl_, vulkan32.dl_, vulkan64.dl_, vulkaninfo32.ex_, vulkaninfo64.ex_
 3-Replacing files of system32 and syswow64.
     3.1) amdvlk32.dll and amdvlk64.dll
     3.2) amd-vulkan32.json, amd-vulkan64.json
     3.3) renaming vulkan32.dll to vulkan-1.dll, vulkan64.dll to vulkan-1.dll, vulkaninfo64.exe vulkaninfo.exe