Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trying to use TT2 spinner as steering for Arcade Cabinet Model 2 and Demul  (Read 1669 times)

scenarioL113

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2021, 10:42:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I been trying to get my Turbo Twist 2 spinner to work as a steering  control on my arcade cabinet.  I am using LaunchBox/BB and Model 2 emulator, Demul, SuperModel, MAME, Daphne.

The TT2 Spinner works for SuperModel and MAME but will not communicate with Model 2 or Demul.

I played around with x360ce emulated controller and mapped to my mouse and was able to get the emulated analog joystick to work from the spinner (as a mouse), this works pretty good for steering and is better than using a regular arcade joystick.  Using the emulator for xbox controller to mouse (TT2) just is a not a very realistic solution in a cabinet.  It works but there is too much background program and settings to get it to  be smooth from going from one game to another.

Unless there is a script for x360ce that I could write that would open and close thru LaunchBox/BB.   But x360ce would need to open and run configured.  I can not have it run in the background when playing other games bc I believe it will conflict with other games and emulators.

Is there some other way or suggestion where I can get my spinner to work with Demul and Model 2.  Seems those programs dont communicate with a mouse type analog input...

I have put a lot of time in on this but keep hitting dead ends.

Thanks

Frank V
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:47:09 pm by scenarioL113 »

scenarioL113

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2021, 10:42:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
This is not a driving cabinet, it is a general all around arcade cabinet with mostly arcade games that does have a few driving games from a few different platforms (supermodel, model 2, Demul MAME).   I have dual joysticks a trackball and a spinner.  Daytona (Model 2) and 18 wheeler (Demul) work pretty good with the TT2 for steering (via x360ce controller emulator).  Some of the others not so good tho. F355 is OK too.

I got x360ce to work from the LaunchBox game settings for each game but it does not seem to works as well from BigBox.  I think I may have a configuration option incorrectly checked (not sure yet). In LaunchBox x360ce starts with the game and ends fine but in BigBox x360ce starts OK but does not shut down like it does in launchbox (it just hangs)  I am getting dizzy just thinking about it...def trying tho...