Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Driving cab and sound interface  (Read 1926 times)

Retro77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Driving cab and sound interface
« on: March 15, 2021, 07:45:53 pm »
Hi all,

I am most of the way through a Sega driving cab conversion. It is one that had already been hacked and with parts removed.

I am trying to find a way of connecting the speakers to a PC. It is missing one of the front speakers but the rest are there and working (seat and sub).

I have tried a couple of cheap amplifiers from Amazon but they don't work too well. One causes a lot of hiss and the other doesn't seem to be at all compatible with the sub (it sounds like it is maxed out and distorted at almost no volume).

I was hoping someone could suggest a way of connecting them all to a PC. Ideally, it would be great to have separate volume controls for front, back and sub as I found when wiring all of the speakers together the seat speakers are way too loud compared to the front.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

fablog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
Re: Sega Driving cab and sound interface
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 10:17:19 pm »
Hi, check my race cab. I did that already and I'm very happy with the results.

I looked for a perfect Chinese amp for the cab but it was easyer to use a creative labs sound system with the stock cab speakers.

You have to check the ohms and watts compatibility between the amp and the speakers.

You can control the volume in Windows.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:26:44 pm by fablog »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Sega Driving cab and sound interface
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 10:32:15 pm »
yeah find a decent pc speaker set and just hook them up.   It's how I've been doing it for nearly 20 years.