Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Custom Midway/Namco Cabinet - Geeky Question  (Read 5564 times)

Denicio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2021, 03:13:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Custom Midway/Namco Cabinet - Geeky Question
« on: March 15, 2021, 05:18:26 pm »
So i am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on this guy.

https://www.classicarcadecabinets.com/ms-pacman.html

Found a local wood shop that will cut this for around  120.00 of CNC time.  The geeky question i have is as it relates to the monitor mount and the wood panel that holds the speaker and marquee.

HOW will i know where to put that in 'virgin' wood? The CNC shop will make the cuts but will these plans leave any markings as to where to mount (glue) those braces for the marquee, speaker and monitor?

I assume the poor mans solution is to simply print the PDF in its full size, line it up and trace it on to both sides of the cabinet.  Is this the best way?

What would you do?

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
Re: Custom Midway/Namco Cabinet - Geeky Question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 01:16:56 pm »
I think with something like this there will be a fair amount of figuring it out as you assemble.  If you are looking for an IKEA like experience where you just take the cut pieces home, glue them up and you are all set I don't think that is realistic.