Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aurora Asus K8N-VM DSUB Analog  (Read 5388 times)

1st

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2021, 11:01:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Aurora Asus K8N-VM DSUB Analog
« on: March 07, 2021, 11:05:40 am »
I have 3 auroras with only 2 power supplies. All have Asus boards. The only one that tries to boot is a K8N-VM/S if it matters. Anyway, besides replacing the CMOS battery and jumping pins 5&6 is there anything else to try? The cmos jumper is the one right behind 6&7 right? And 6&7 are the outermost row, counting in? There is a 5 pin plug at the end so it makes them easy to find. I have tried changing and reseating ram. I saw davemaut eBay listing to not buy these Asus and buy an Intel board, maheymike is that the 150 kind you mentioned? In like to get a few of these working.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:01:02 pm
Re: Aurora Asus K8N-VM DSUB Analog
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 08:27:10 pm »
One of the main components to go on the Aurora ASUS Motherboard is the Video chip. Once it goes, the board is toast. I sell refurbished Aurora ASUS Motherboards for $150. And brand new boards for $300.

1st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 09:27:27 pm »
Mike do you have a website for sales? Thanks

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:01:02 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 10:35:09 pm »
I did ages ago. I dont bother with Ebay anymore. PM me if you want a Motherboard. I have both new and refurbished. If you prefer speaking in person, PM me your number and i will call you.

1st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:22:46 pm »
Reading the Asus manual it looks like that's the Northbridge GeForce 6100 that's soldered to the board? So is it wise to replace the paste on the Asus boards I do have working to keep them working? Should a fan be added to that heat sink? Or I was thinking since it's so close to the CPU cooler to place some tape so the forced air gets sucked over the graphics heat sink on its way to the one side of the CPU. Or do they just generally fail over time even if kept at a reasonable temperature? I can see the CPU failures related to fans failing or bad thermal paste or the fins getting dusted closed but since every graphics chip I have seen just seems to have that heatsink I am wondering what the underlying issue is. Thanks