Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Missing top of picture - Intervideo LS250  (Read 1348 times)

DarkSide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2023, 05:15:13 pm
Missing top of picture - Intervideo LS250
« on: March 04, 2021, 09:37:42 am »
Hi Guys.

Im chasing a bit of an odd problem on my arcade monitor, the chassis is an Intervideo LS250, and seems to be working, or well sort of.

Did a tube swap because the old CRT was weak, and noticed the top of the picture was missing, swapped back to the original tube, and same fault, so something has to be up with the chassis, i am feeding it with a pc with soft15khz, and a resolution set to 320x240, the chassis has been re capped.

Controls on the chassis seems to be working, but no matter what i change there is always missing the top of the image, as it can be seen on the attached file, the top of the circle is incomplete.

(Picture is of the original tube for the chassis, and very weak)

Any suggestions to what my problem could be ?

Kind regards
Ronni

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 09:40:12 am by DarkSide »

DarkSide

• Offline Offline
Re: Missing top of picture - Intervideo LS250
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
Hm, looks like the fault is caused by the signal from the PC, that is a bit annoying to say the least since it should be used for mame.

Attached is a picture of the same CRT connected to an arcade pcb, and yes i know the colors are messed up. :)

DarkSide

• Offline Offline
Re: Missing top of picture - Intervideo LS250
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:24:14 pm »
Very odd chassis, with the resolution set at 512x448 the picture is not cut off in the top, but i would prefer 640x480 for windows, not sure if a custom modeline will fix it.

Any suggestions ?