Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best repair diagnostic service for newer evo and ion games?  (Read 5042 times)

1st

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2021, 11:01:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Best repair diagnostic service for newer evo and ion games?
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
Hi, new member. I have quite a few evo I guess some force games and newer ion games. I can't get any of the ion games to boot any more. I have like 3 or 4 of the evo games that work ok but they won't run the newer games. I was just wondering what is the best reasonable place I can send motherboards to so I can hear "It's just a fried CPU" vs "oh this is shot, you need a new board". Obviously I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price for new caps or this oscillating circuit I have read about. I have heard some places take good boards and send you back bad ones when you don't agree to their "services". I have done simple work like swapping in known good power supplies, etc. some games start to boot and then shut off after a few seconds, etc. thanks, Chris
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:13:38 pm by 1st »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:01:02 pm
Re: Best repair diagnostic service for newer eco and ion games?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 08:47:44 pm »
Lets just be up front. I sell Recapped Motherboards for $150. You are not going to find them for any cheaper that claim they work. There is no such thing as "new" they are over 20 years old.

1st

• Offline Offline
Re: Best repair diagnostic service for newer evo and ion games?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:22 pm »
So any of the $99 eBay services are no good? Just spend the extra $50 and call it good? Just that I have quite a few of these. I need to count them, probably like 10 and really looking to fix and sell most of them, maybe keep the auroras and 1 or 2 ions . and I am thinking evos  probably a hard sell at 300? An ion at maybe 400? I haven't sold any in years, the last 2 force games I had sold a few years back were the triangle shaped ones I think with 2005 software and I could only get 250 for them. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:14:27 pm by 1st »

1st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 08:21:04 pm »
I was wondering if the same CPU is used in EVO and ION games, like the actual Intel processor, I read where lillshawn said the transfer tape is crap and should be replaced with paste. My guess is most of my games have cooked processors so I would like to buy some to see if that matters. Should I start a new thread for that?

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:52:34 pm »
A lot of sellers on ebay sell "untested" because they already tried recapping them. Dont fall for it, or go ahead, buy them and send them to someone who is just going to tell you they can't be fixed. I don't even sell my boards on ebay, and for good reason.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 10:55:53 pm »
I was wondering if the same CPU is used in EVO and ION games, like the actual Intel processor, I read where lillshawn said the transfer tape is crap and should be replaced with paste. My guess is most of my games have cooked processors so I would like to buy some to see if that matters. Should I start a new thread for that?

ION games use AMD CPU's. And its more likely the Video chip is cooked, not the cpu. Its the most common issue, and is not fixable.

1st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 10:49:35 am »
Ok thanks