Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ghouls n Ghosts n Tully (complete)  (Read 19968 times)

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: Ghouls n Ghosts n Tully (complete)
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2021, 12:45:49 pm »
This thing came out great.  Really nice job!  :applaud:

How does it work?  You just power on from the back and MAME boots straight to GnG?  I don't see an exit button on the CP so I guess there's no menu or anything that you can accidentally back out into?

Haven't finished setting up a frintend. But there is a menu. The player 1 and player 2 botton on the right act as the exit/ back button when pressed at the same time for longer than a second. I didn't want any admin buttons.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 05:35:40 pm
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2021, 02:55:34 pm »
I didn't want any admin buttons.

This is the way.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2021, 11:06:37 am »
Yeah on my first build i felt like I needed a landing strip of admin buttons. Finally narrowed it down to 2 or three. (Not counting credits and P1 P2 start buttons)

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2021, 11:26:19 am »
Yeah on my first build i felt like I needed a landing strip of admin buttons. Finally narrowed it down to 2 or three. (Not counting credits and P1 P2 start buttons)
My first build was a mess. 2 player street fighter layout and a bunch of admin buttons ( pause, exit, save, load,) every emulator imaginable. Some required external USB controllers. It was dumb and newbies had no idea how to control it. Simple is better.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2021, 11:40:25 am »
Was really getting into some ghouls and ghosts last night, but couldn't get close to breaking the stock high score. Then I switched over too ghosts and goblins and I now believe side by side ghost in goblins is a superior game. Seems a little faster and I was way better at it, crushing the stock high score. Still like the ghouls n ghosts artwork better.

nitrogen_widget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 07:26:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2021, 01:15:05 pm »

How does it work?  You just power on from the back and MAME boots straight to GnG?  I don't see an exit button on the CP so I guess there's no menu or anything that you can accidentally back out into?

Haven't finished setting up a frintend. But there is a menu. The player 1 and player 2 botton on the right act as the exit/ back button when pressed at the same time for longer than a second. I didn't want any admin buttons.

That's a good idea.
I have something in the works using a steal control panel and I really didn't want to drill into it to add more buttons

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2021, 01:31:30 pm »

That's a good idea.
I have something in the works using a steal control panel and I really didn't want to drill into it to add more buttons
Highly recommend. Most front ends have the ability to map button combo's. Some even let you set how long you have to have to hold a button or buttons down.

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2021, 04:37:02 pm »
Was really getting into some ghouls and ghosts last night, but couldn't get close to breaking the stock high score. Then I switched over too ghosts and goblins and I now believe side by side ghost in goblins is a superior game. Seems a little faster and I was way better at it, crushing the stock high score. Still like the ghouls n ghosts artwork better.

Both great games,but how frustrating not being able to shoot up in Ghosts.Especially after playing a lot of Ghouls.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2021, 09:02:31 am »

Both great games,but how frustrating not being able to shoot up in Ghosts.Especially after playing a lot of Ghouls.
Yeah I hate not being able to shoot up.