Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need a Sencore CR7000 repaired. Anyone know someone that can help?  (Read 1411 times)

Gamerdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2021, 12:45:34 pm
  • Bringing back the past to life
I hope this forum is fine for this topic..sorry if it's not in the right place.

Bought a Sencore CR7000 off ebay.. guess it's has had a busy life as through former original owner thst was a TV repair man used it back when.. stated was flawless and every function works..

Ran the field test and here's how it performed.

Bias voltage dial test.. max voltage I can get from -20 threw -180 is -109v.

Cutoffs worked fine.

Re-activate failed.. supposed to read 1ma. At first the red and green was fine but the blue was no good. Tested it again a day later and now all guns are bad.. that's for re-activate,low,normal,high and extended.

Low is supposed to read 40ma,normal 80ma,high at 100ma.

Here is what I get now:

Red:
= LEDs go half way on the meter as it should but zero readings!

Low = LEDs half way 0.42ma
Normal = 0.81ma
High = 1.02ma
Extended the same

Green:

= LEDs go half way and no ma reading.
Low = 0.42ma
Normal = 0.81ma
High = 1.02ma
Extended = Same

Blue:

= 1 LED bar and 1.25ma
Low = 1 LED bar 1.25ma
Normal = 2 LEDs 1.24ma
High = 1 LED bar 1.24ma
High = the same

So looks like the first test for the red and green is so small it don't read it.. thr others are at 10% of what they should be.

blue has its own issues.

I've hunted everywhere and can't find someone.. if I do get a lead I get no response. Matt from Antique Radio forums that I've read helped repair someone's on here 6 years ago don't work on stuff anymore.

I'm hoping to find someone to repair this quick.. if not I'm forced to return it to the seller for refund.

Really sad as it had everything including an original matching serial numbered box.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 06:36:52 pm by Gamerdude »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Need a Sencore CR7000 repaired. Anyone know someone that can help?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 07:42:35 am »
You probibally won't find anyone around here that even knows what that is, Klove perhaps...I am thinking you are lucky to have one in any condition, and fixing it yourself wouldn't be all that hard, without looking at the spreadsheet, I would personally suspect some kind of failure in a voltage sensing circuit and affecting voltages through the ground rail side, (bad cap, zener) since it seems to unstable.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:08:40 am »
I bought the exact same Sencore CR7000 about a year ago off of eBay.  I never tried to test it though.  I just quickly learned enough to try to use it and the results were amazing.  I wish I had thought to take before and after photos because I couldn't believe how it brought that monitor back to life.  Red was almost none existent before I used it.  I brought a Defender CRT back to life good enough that I ended up putting it back into the machine and pulling the new one I had obtained and using it for my Joust scratch build.

Gamerdude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2021, 12:45:34 pm
  • Bringing back the past to life
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 03:51:45 pm »
You probibally won't find anyone around here that even knows what that is, Klove perhaps...I am thinking you are lucky to have one in any condition, and fixing it yourself wouldn't be all that hard, without looking at the spreadsheet, I would personally suspect some kind of failure in a voltage sensing circuit and affecting voltages through the ground rail side, (bad cap, zener) since it seems to unstable.

I have posted on their as well.. I've tried many forums.