Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pitney Bowes Touch Screen  (Read 6027 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Pitney Bowes Touch Screen
« on: February 18, 2021, 03:37:01 pm »
I bought a cheap new touch screen monitor off ebay, with intents of using it with the RPi3 for a juke box.
I cant get the touchscreen part to work in RPi.
The monitor works on Windows 10 64 bit PC so its not the monitor.
Anyone have any experience with this monitor and RPi3?
Pitney Bowes model MSD2 15" VGA and HDMI video inputs, and USB touchscreen interface.
The ebay seller listed it as CT150U-L but the very scarce info I can find on it lists it as TD150U.
I cant find any drivers for Windows or RPi, it just works with win10. (I searched the net for several hours.)
I tried it on Win7 64 bit and it works, but I cant get it to calibrate correctly.
RPi 3 doesnt seem to see it at all. (Monitor part works great, not touchscreen).
Appreciate any help you can give me.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Re: Pitney Bowes Touch Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 11:19:57 am »
I looked briefly into touchscreen monitors for Rpi. All I saw at the time was that they were hit and miss... reading the steps folks went through to try to get them working was enough for me to just discontinue that line of thought. I know that the ones sold specifically for the Rpi work fine, but I don't know what makes one work and another not. Somewhere I found a chart of "known" working touch screens for the Rpi. That might be a good avenue to search... at least maybe you can find others that have had any luck with your model.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 03:35:30 pm »
Thanks Mahuiti.
I think I will just order a 10" touchscreen specifically made for RPi and use it.
Guess Im stuck with this monitor, but Im sure it will be used for a future project sooner or later.
Im still using it on the bench with a mouse to develop the jukebox software. Mouse is better while coding anyway.

nitrogen_widget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:02:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 12:04:22 pm »
i'm not 100% sure because it's been a while since i looked into it, but I think you need a custom mesa driver for vga + usb touch screens (which is available)
but some of the monitors (depending on hardware) will only put the mouse pointer where you touch instead of actually activating anything clickable on the screen.

the rpi screens use a ribbon cable to go directly to the rpi.
so different than a VGA touch screen.