Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME 228 BEZELS ON BY DEFAULT  (Read 1749 times)

peterson65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2023, 09:27:12 pm
MAME 228 BEZELS ON BY DEFAULT
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »
has something changed with newer builds of mame that the bezels are on by default? haven't updated in years and went to 228 now I have to go into each game and turn the bezels off if I don't want it on for that particular game. allways was the other way around. I am running groovy mame but tried regular mame and the same. is there some way to disable bezels that I am missing?
thanks

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: MAME 228 BEZELS ON BY DEFAULT
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:10:45 pm »
Use MAME 0211 or earlier if you want to be able to turn off the use_bezels option in mame.ini. The artwork system is changing, so the options were removed.

It was nice to be able to turn off bezels, but leave overlays and backdrops. But those options are gone for now.

You can still use the view option to set everything to Standard or Pixel if you don't use artwork, or just set your artpath empty.

peterson65

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2023, 09:27:12 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 05:11:39 am »
thanks. figured something changed in mame at some point. don't want to remove the artwork completely as it works good for some games.

telengard

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:49:33 am
  • Yeah, it's a classic! 21+ on BYOAC and still goin
    • S T U R C A D E
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 12:26:15 am »
This took me by surprise too w/ the latest GroovyMame (based on .228).  I was able to disable most of the stuff by going into "Video Options" and then selecting the screen, and from there was a ton of options for turning artwork collections on/off.

I was able to get Asteroids Deluxe back to just using a backdrop.
S T U R C A D E     M.A.M.E. Cabinet
http://www.briansturk.com/mame.html