Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dual AimTracks w/ MAME, Player 2 Offscreen Reload is flaky  (Read 4607 times)

clhug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 10:49:58 pm
Dual AimTracks w/ MAME, Player 2 Offscreen Reload is flaky
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:39:20 pm »
Dual AimTracks being used with MAME .210.  This all worked fine last time the cabinet was played regularly, but has been about 2 years since it's really been played.

Went to play it recently and having issues.  The player 2 gun offscreen reload is very flaky.  P1 offscreen reload works just fine.  It's only P2 that has issues.

This is with Area 51.  I haven't tried other games, but Area 51 worked fine in the past.

The P2 offscreen reload won't reload most of the time.  I point the gun offscreen and pull the trigger and the game just keeps giving the "reload" indicator.  If I keep pulling the trigger with the game pointed offscreen, it will EVENTUALLY reload, but it takes 10 or 15 trigger pulls (I haven't specifically counted but it's several trigger pulls).

The AimTrack config software doesn't show any issues with the gun.  I did recalibrate in the AimTrack software, a couple of times, just to be sure, but that didn't help.

I double-checked the mame.ini settings and they are correct.

I tried searching and found several posts about offscreen reload not working at all, but I couldn't find any other posts that talked about reload working for one gun, but not the other.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Dual AimTracks w/ MAME, Player 2 Offscreen Reload is flaky
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 01:45:33 pm »
Dual AimTracks being used with MAME .210.  This all worked fine last time the cabinet was played regularly, but has been about 2 years since it's really been played.

Went to play it recently and having issues.  The player 2 gun offscreen reload is very flaky.  P1 offscreen reload works just fine.  It's only P2 that has issues.

This is with Area 51.  I haven't tried other games, but Area 51 worked fine in the past.

The P2 offscreen reload won't reload most of the time.  I point the gun offscreen and pull the trigger and the game just keeps giving the "reload" indicator.  If I keep pulling the trigger with the game pointed offscreen, it will EVENTUALLY reload, but it takes 10 or 15 trigger pulls (I haven't specifically counted but it's several trigger pulls).

The AimTrack config software doesn't show any issues with the gun.  I did recalibrate in the AimTrack software, a couple of times, just to be sure, but that didn't help.

I double-checked the mame.ini settings and they are correct.

I tried searching and found several posts about offscreen reload not working at all, but I couldn't find any other posts that talked about reload working for one gun, but not the other.

Yeah thats a pretty strange issue!

Does it work if you cover up the front of the gun and then pull the trigger?

clhug

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 10:49:58 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 02:26:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply!  And @Titchgamer, I've been following the Sinden guns with great interest, but waiting for more real-world user commentary before jumping on.

But I feel dumb now.  I should have tried other games before posting.  It was the one Area 51 clone I was using, the Time Warner 1996 one.  I can only guess there's a bug in that clone for this.  All of the other Area 51 clones worked fine.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time, but maybe this post will be helpful to someone else in the future who has the same issue and get them to an answer faster.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 02:31:32 pm »
Check youtube mate or join the Sinden discord if you are interested.

Lots of happy customers :)