Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Struggling with Daytona 3 multiplayer set up, any ideas?  (Read 4309 times)

jayc001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Struggling with Daytona 3 multiplayer set up, any ideas?
« on: February 15, 2021, 03:25:10 am »
Hi Folks,

I've been running Daytona 3 for over a year on one cabinet. I've built a second which is identical spec (H110, i5 6500, GTX 970, PS eyetoy cam, G920 wheel). I've imaged my already setup system onto the other and made changes to computer names, IP etc. I've followed the guides for the cabinet ID, slave master, baseaddress etc and the cabinet set to slave just crashes out at network discovery screen.

I've tried making the changes to the ini files and also via shell and the same issues. If I swap the cab around and make the one that was slave master it boots OK and then the other crashes out. I've tried using Teknoparrot, the exe or loader, all the same.

They are offline, connected via a switch and have static IPs. Other networked games work fine.

I've seen on various other problems people struggling to get past network discovery but no definitive answers. It seems it just does not like being set as slave. Has anyone who have this working care to share their config?

Thanks

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 08:13:15 pm
Re: Struggling with Daytona 3 multiplayer set up, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:55:59 am »
a little off topic as I have no real advise for Daytona 3, sorry.. I was curious, with your setup, with the games you have working well, which ones seem to be the most popular when you have friends over or family or whomever to play. I recently got setup with something similar to what you have, except I currently have one wheel and 3 other cabs setup using xbox controllers.. I hope to have 2 actual racing wheels before to long.

Zeosstud

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 06:31:52 pm »
I've never loaded the game myself, but i did save a chunk of info from ages ago before it got taken down. Apologies if this is stuff you've already seen or tried, but...

for networking:
1. Machines must be on 192.168.1.x so 192.168.0.x won't work.

2. "x" above must be a low #. Mine work fine as 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.5 for my 4 machines

3. Edit ..\ShellData\ShellData.ini => set CabinetID to 1-4 and NumCabinets = total cabinets on network.

4. Edit ..\ShellData\GameSettings.ini => set "TOTAL CABINETS" = total cabinets on network

5. Edit ..\GameData\Game.ini => set CabinetDomain to 192.168.1; set CabinetBaseAddr to the IP part that comes after 192.168.1.X for your ip address

6. Webcams must exist and be compatible. If you don't have them, you can fake them with software like SplitCam.
I have SplitCam set to run at startup, and created these pngs to use with it.
They are non-rotated in the game itself and work great.
Note that the colors are actually wrong in my pics. 1<->2 are switched, 3<->4 are switched, etc.
Daytona 3 basically didn't follow the color ordering of the old Daytonas.

7. I believe that you can just set all machines to slave as per buttersoft's above comment and don't really need to set a master.

No idea what my comment was, from that long ago :) I also have a document on setting up the base game, but i'm not sure how relevant that is now.

...the games you have working well, which ones seem to be the most popular when you have friends over

Can't go past any version of Outrun 2. In my experience, other games ppl seem to like are Virtua Racing, Daytona and Sega Rally 3.

jayc001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 03:37:20 am »
I've solved it and all the issues where my cameras. You have to have a camera to play multiplayer and PS3 eye tpy cams have been advised as working so I was using them. Now I'm not 100% sure but it looks like in addition to the camera is that I'm running W10 IOT. I run this on all my cabs as it's not prone to feature updates and all the usual update issues with regular W10. Now it should handle HW drivers the same as regular w10 but it looks to handle camera different as I could not get Daytona to work with fakewebcam, split cam or any of the other software. After changing the cameres for a couple of USB camare PCBA I stripped from some tablets it's now working.

In regards to other games because I have 1080p screens the newer games are most popular as they display best. Daytona3, SR3, Dirty Drivin, Outrun 2 SP and Mariokart GPDX are the favs.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:06:44 pm »
I've had nothing but trouble with Windows branches, for both work and home. Missing components and updates always trip you up.

Cheers, for posting back with your fix though, someone else will need that information sooner or later :)

swollenmadman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2022, 08:06:10 pm
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 04:10:41 pm »
I've solved it and all the issues where my cameras. You have to have a camera to play multiplayer and PS3 eye tpy cams have been advised as working so I was using them. Now I'm not 100% sure but it looks like in addition to the camera is that I'm running W10 IOT. I run this on all my cabs as it's not prone to feature updates and all the usual update issues with regular W10. Now it should handle HW drivers the same as regular w10 but it looks to handle camera different as I could not get Daytona to work with fakewebcam, split cam or any of the other software. After changing the cameres for a couple of USB camare PCBA I stripped from some tablets it's now working.

In regards to other games because I have 1080p screens the newer games are most popular as they display best. Daytona3, SR3, Dirty Drivin, Outrun 2 SP and Mariokart GPDX are the favs.

I have been saving a ps3 camera for years, now it found a new purpose.