Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help Please: MameHooker and Output Blaster  (Read 1364 times)

Pstylz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 04:24:01 pm
  • 4Player Arcade Racer - WIP
Help Please: MameHooker and Output Blaster
« on: February 11, 2021, 12:34:48 am »
Hi everyone,

Quick background - I currently have my custom built twin racer arcade machine and between my friends and guests that come over to play, they all have a number of favorite games - you guessed it - Daytona USA is one of them.

After doing some research and constantly keeping an eye on the emulator scene, I've seen mentioned a few times "MameHooker" and "Output Blaster".
From what I've been able to learn thus far, with these two programs, I "should" be able to pickup "lamp outputs" of games, such as Daytona USA, Daytona Championship USA, Sega Racing Classic, etc and the "RACE LEADER" lamp as an example.  I think this will be a really significant addition to an already awesome experience.
My problem is, I'm really finding it difficult to get this started.  I have read the README files for MameHooker, and followed what little instructions I could find for Output Blaster but can't seem to get anything to work or find outputs to games (create INI files) (most likely due to my inexperience)...  I've also purchased a PAC DRIVE to use to power the LED's (Lamps).

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would be most appreciated.
After 8 years from when I built my first twin arcade racers, I'm about to starting a new project - a 4 player arcade racer with Daytona HAPP shifters and would really like some help so I can implement some "Lamp outputs" for these and future games.

I am no professional when it comes to coding, but I can figure things out and understand quickly.

Anyway, look forward to any support   :cheers: