Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade 1up star wars some questions on the game.  (Read 4339 times)

rweth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2021, 12:02:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade 1up star wars some questions on the game.
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:26:41 pm »
Right many of us know that the max score you can get on this game is 99,999,999 and then the score rolls over to 0.  Also for some even odder reason once you hit wave 99 thats it it sticks at 99 for as long as you play  continuously. Now it's not that I have run up against the high score BUT WHY? I see no feasible explanation using bit math (uggh) to limit this so. Does anyone have any snippets of articles of interviews of the fantastic 7 (sorry got to call that team something), from the team who wrote this. Also even though the myth of hitting darth vader's ship successively 30 times and you are rewarded with large vast amounts of shields has been debunked do teh programmers have any insight?

No Im not done .. stats on the game from arcades. Any idea what the average game play was .. (average out all the scores played over the years in the arcade). 7 minutes !5 minutes 20 ..?

now for some actual facts:
Recently I have discovered some amazing truths about this game, that sucks up all my time. First the cross hairs aren't cross hairs they represent your xwing (x,y and depth). Thats what you have to maneuver in phase II and III (towers and merid trench).
Second use the thumb triggers and index finger triggers (I use my middle finger for strength), and you can generate 8 hertz much more conveniently. Also for long runs if you have no shields DON'T MISS THE EXHAUST PORT! It claims a shields and in one bad move your game is done and atari gets another virtual quarter.

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Arcade 1up star wars some questions on the game.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:42:02 pm »
interesting points.

might want to search around the atariage forums for more information, or klov.

anyways, every atari game had limits on their high scores.

most of the times, they just didn't care, because no one would except for a few crazy
people would ever play that long to find out.

later