Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Street Fighter EX 2 PCB - No Video  (Read 2174 times)

Susurrous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2021, 06:33:38 pm
Street Fighter EX 2 PCB - No Video
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:13:27 pm »
I have a Street Fighter EX 2 PCB that doesn't output any video—just pure black. I believe the board is a Capcom/Sony ZN-2. When I power up the machine, I can hear all the opening music and sound effects, but the screen is dark. Normally, the Wells Gardner will display "NO SIGNAL" if it isn't getting something, so I think it has to be an issue with the signal to the monitor (via JAMMA) or a problem with one of the boards. Both the mother and ROM board look great except for a bent (but not broken) spot at FB1 on the ROM board (see the red arrow in screenshot #2). It's hard to find info on these boards and what dip switch settings are required, etc. Am I missing something simple? Anyone have any thoughts?