Software Support > GroovyMAME

Groovymame 0.244 - Switchres 2.002j

<< < (53/56) > >>

psakhis:

--- Quote from: Recapnation on May 04, 2022, 04:19:09 pm ---You can't run 1 : 1 Gun Smoke, Commando, or any game with a vertical resolution of 256 px or above and a refresh over ~56 Hz (that is, 99,8 % of the games displayed vertically) on a 15-kHz monitor mounted horizontally without dramatically changing the refresh, and therefore, the game's speed. It's the games the ones complaning there; listen to them.

--- End quote ---
You are wrong. I can show 240p (unevenstretch 0) at 60hz with pixel perfect. Centering image, i loose 16 lines (8 on top, 8 on bottom depending on my taste)

Recapnation:
Cropping the picture to get rid of an ~8 % of it is not what any sane person would call "pixel perfect", much less, run the game 1 : 1, man. Which one does taste better in this case of yours?

It's obviously up to every one to destroy the games as they will and post it in all the internets, but please, do it with some consciousness. This subforum gets many new visitors every week silently looking for guidance, and this horizontally-mounted monitors for vertically-displayed games thing is utter ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- which should not become popular.

psakhis:
Yes, pixel perfect because there is no scaling. The pictured is cropped ~6% but very playable. Other games only by reversing the controls can also be played.

If your message is that's better vertically, there is nothing to say, I am talking about enjoyable.

example 1https://drive.google.com/file/d/17p0_0DM3qu-R0ElaDissWNc0v0KKweQ9/view?usp=sharing
example 2https://drive.google.com/file/d/17eTWyaFccJb30yVtM_3fA36YhnsepHZx/view?usp=sharing

schmerzkaufen:
Heya! how do I get gsync/freesync to work already ? just turning autosync off ain't doing it apparently (nb: still using 0.239)  :dunno

EDIT; or is it that I should leave autosync on and just make sure monitor is 'lcd' and done ?

2NDEDIT: BTW it's alright now, autosync off works fine, it's just that I got confused by G-Sync's behaviour that might be a bit quirkier than FreeSync (recently got a monitor that does both, that's a thing these days). The former - of which my personal experience dates from a long time ago - sort of changed over time and requires the use of v-sync simultaneously in PC games :o which might interfere with your emu settings depending on how you set that up (by app or global).

haynor666:

--- Quote from: Recapnation on May 04, 2022, 06:30:00 pm ---Cropping the picture to get rid of an ~8 % of it is not what any sane person would call "pixel perfect", much less, run the game 1 : 1, man. Which one does taste better in this case of yours?

It's obviously up to every one to destroy the games as they will and post it in all the internets, but please, do it with some consciousness. This subforum gets many new visitors every week silently looking for guidance, and this horizontally-mounted monitors for vertically-displayed games thing is utter ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- which should not become popular.

--- End quote ---

Actually many games back the arcade places was in my town worked this way, operators didn't bother carefully align picture :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version