Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Fore Complete HELP needed  (Read 2087 times)

rjb828

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2021, 04:12:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee Fore Complete HELP needed
« on: January 29, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »
I recently purchased a GT Fore Complete that had some issues. I fellow forum member helped me out troubleshooting and I'll give a brief description of prior problems and where I'm at now. Initially, I had some issues with the monitor (so I thought), but it ended up being a bad video card on the board. I got it swapped out and was able to see screen info on the monitor, which through further troubleshooting led to the replacement of the hard drive and upgraded to a new flash drive. After the install of the new drive, I had to adjust the power supply to 5v to the board as it was showing a little low. Finally got the game fully up and running today and figured I was home free. I played a complete game without issue. I left the game on and it went into what I think might be attract mode. I came back to it about 30 minutes later and hit the start button and then played another full game without issue. After the game, I left it on and walked away. Came back about 30 minutes later and it appears as if the picture was frozen and the game was no longer in attract mode. It just had a picture up on the screen and at the bottom of the screen it said press start to play. So I press start, but absolutely nothing happens. I try this multiple times, but nothing changes. I power the game down, then turn it back on and the game boots normally. I proceed to start the game, it asks for player number, I set it to 1 player and hit start. It then advances to next screen and it asks which course to select. I select a course, it advances to how many holes. I select hole number, the it advances the screen to the course selection and I hear the audio saying welcome to whatever course and that's about as far as it goes now. I don't see the player up on the screen, the buttons don't work, nor does the trackball. It just seems to hang there in limbo.
So I check the voltage and it seems to be OK. I end up powering down the game and restarting it again. I end up stuck at the same place with no progress. None of this makes any sense to me as the game seemed to be working just fine. Can you guys get me up and running again?? Thanks in advance.

rjb828

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2021, 04:12:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Golden Tee Fore Complete HELP needed
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:12:20 pm »
 Tried messing with it again today. Rechecked voltage and all good there. Decided to take socketed chips out and reseated them. Also cleaned connections to main board from harness. Reflowed solder joints on board for quite a few things. Still no change. Game boots all the way to same screen and then won't go any farther.