Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First upright build-Tully Cabaret Plans.  (Read 44584 times)

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: First upright build-Tully Cabaret Plans.
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 01:19:21 pm »
So i wrestled with the dilema of my T-molding,tried a craft knife -Naff,chisel -too risky,even tried sanding it -also naff.

I decided it probably wasent such a big deal and went ahead and put it on the cab.

Really pleased to see it on,was still bugged by the overhang a bit tho.
Test fitted the glass,and it was a real snug fit,too snug.But no biggie,i can sand the slot a bit and it will be fine.

Problem was when i tried to fit the other panels.Couldnt get the upper back panel past the T-molding.Front panel just squeezed in,but marked the paint doing it.

Looked online and couldnt find a fastcap trimmer,so bought this one from Amazon:

It was only 6euros and 2 days delivery so worth a punt.
When it arrived i tried it on a test piece and found that it was garbage as it was.But after shimming up the rear of the blade so it was a steeper angle it worked ok.

I taped the cab to protect the paint,and spent about an hour carefully going around the edges.

Final result i am really happy with.

Learning all the time.

Firebat138

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 01:20:35 pm
  • Head Brewer and Arcade Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 09:14:49 pm »
Looking great man.... 
Click below to see my Metal Gear/Splinter Cell Machine... http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108360.0

Click below to see my PinCab - PinWARS
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,164660.0.html

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2021, 07:08:33 am »
It looks soooooo good.  Nice job on the t-molding.  Sounds like the overhang was a bigger deal than I thought.  What color will the front panel be?  You are really moving quick with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 04:19:09 pm »
What color will the front panel be? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deliberated for a while thinking it would just be to much all yellow, but once the marquee,coin door and speakers are fitted i think a different colour would have been to much.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2021, 04:33:57 pm »
ive reached my deadline on being able to do any major woodwork on my terrace,i open tomorrow so had to make a decision about the marquee and speakers.

First off i was hoping the marquee would have been with me by now,but the guy says there was maintenance work at the printers,so its delayed  :banghead:

I was really nervous about cutting the hole before i have it,but today was crunch day so i had no choice.The dimensions of the marquee look quite tall (330mm x 124mm) when i see it now,but i kept the ratio of the original i think .
Also the speakers needed some thought,the store ive been buying parts from and is quite reliable,didnt have the size speaker grills i wanted in stock.These are also the only metal grills they carry.All the others being plastic.These would be fine if tucked up near the marquee on a normal cab,but where they are on a cabaret,at kids knee height/adults kick height, they might have a short lifespan.

So i went for an all in one sort of setup:

The rear of the marquee is recessed to 6mm.2 sheets of 3mm perspex with the marquee sandwiched in between.The light setup ive yet to design will hold them in place.

The speakers i had bought previously for the bartop secondhand online:

Not bad at all,and with the built in volume setup i can place somewhere inside.
I cut some metal grill i had to sit in the recess behind the speaker hole.Then cut a panel to go over the recess,two holes for the speakers,routed out to size using the old speaker housing as a template,then routed a 45 degree angle on the hole for no other reason than i am loving using the router :applaud:

These will be hidden anyway by the grill.
Ive found with at lot of the internal unseen things the temptation to cut corners is quite strong ;D but ive tried to keep my standards up,to the best of my woodworking abilities anyway.

Next up is the PC i think.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:47:02 pm by lomoverde »

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 03:32:54 pm »
Quick update.While Ive been sanding and painting the various smaller panels,Ive been doing a bit with the PC.
 I already knew i would have to decase it,as you can see here,it was a tight squeeze:

I dismantled the PC,the CPU heatsink bracket is one of the ones where the bolts go thru the motherboard and screw into the case.So i just used a couple more PCB feet as nuts to screw into.They also provide some support in the centre of the motherboard.the motherboard is then attached to a board with more PCB feet.Pretty standard i guess:

Now it was just a case of recreating the case setup.But instead of the cpu fan drawing air in thru the rear of the case.It would be drawing air in thru the cabinet base:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 03:38:49 pm »
ive reached my deadline on being able to do any major woodwork on my terrace,i open tomorrow so had to make a decision about the marquee and speakers.

First off i was hoping the marquee would have been with me by now,but the guy says there was maintenance work at the printers,so its delayed  :banghead:

I was really nervous about cutting the hole before i have it,but today was crunch day so i had no choice.The dimensions of the marquee look quite tall (330mm x 124mm) when i see it now,but i kept the ratio of the original i think .
Also the speakers needed some thought,the store ive been buying parts from and is quite reliable,didnt have the size speaker grills i wanted in stock.These are also the only metal grills they carry.All the others being plastic.These would be fine if tucked up near the marquee on a normal cab,but where they are on a cabaret,at kids knee height/adults kick height, they might have a short lifespan.

So i went for an all in one sort of setup:

The rear of the marquee is recessed to 6mm.2 sheets of 3mm perspex with the marquee sandwiched in between.The light setup ive yet to design will hold them in place.

The speakers i had bought previously for the bartop secondhand online:

Not bad at all,and with the built in volume setup i can place somewhere inside.
I cut some metal grill i had to sit in the recess behind the speaker hole.Then cut a panel to go over the recess,two holes for the speakers,routed out to size using the old speaker housing as a template,then routed a 45 degree angle on the hole for no other reason than i am loving using the router :applaud:

These will be hidden anyway by the grill.
Ive found with at lot of the internal unseen things the temptation to cut corners is quite strong ;D but ive tried to keep my standards up,to the best of my woodworking abilities anyway.

Next up is the PC i think.
I love the Tully, such a great design! I miss my Qbert, but I’m glad Jim has it. It’s in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »
I Fitted the rest of the parts to see how it all fit :

I bought a sata data/power cable extension lead.The SSD is attached with velcro.I also bought an ATX 24 pin extension lead.The PSU comfortably reaches across the base,although i dont know if its well positioned.
 Theres a spare sata power lead in the foto,this will attach to the VGA to scart cable,and switches the TV to AV1 when the cabinet powers on.Also I have the P4 cable spare,and may use it to power the extra fan which is lying in the foto.Does anyone think an extra fan is needed?

I decided to check it all still worked after being dismantled.Then i decided the Grafic card was very wobbly,so hacked up this bracket:

I may improve that,or at least tidy this one up,but it does what it should and the bracket is rock solid.

Anyway powered up and all working great  :applaud:

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 03:52:43 pm »

I love the Tully, such a great design! I miss my Qbert, but I’m glad Jim has it. It’s in good hands.

Your Q-bert was one of the cabs that got me interested in the design. :notworthy:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:57:20 pm by lomoverde »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 04:58:50 pm »

Your Q-bert was one of the cabs that got me interested in the design. :notworthy:
Glad to hear that. I will build another one one day - Having the board fire that knocker when Qbert fell was wonderful. That was a great sense of accomplishment!

Keeping an eye on this project, keep up the good work!

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2021, 08:49:47 am »
I had the same issue with the pair of bartops I built last month.  I bought 3/4" MDF for everything but the control panel which was plywood and both types of wood caused enough of an overhang that it made getting the control panel and back panel off hard to do.  The T-molding was installed even also.  I used a sharp x-acto knife and shaved off the T-molding for the locations where the panels were rubbing.  I tend to build these things with too tight a fit so I've even had trouble where things were perfect and then just the paint job causes problems.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 10:52:06 am by Gilrock »

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2021, 10:27:12 am »
I tend to build these things with too tight a fit so I've even had trouble where things were perfect and then just the paint job causes problems.

Yeah i think Id tried to assemble too soon and the paint seemed to cause just as many problems,feeling like rubber.Hopefully now the extra time it has to cure will help.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2021, 07:46:48 am »
Coming along nicely.  Your computer fan solution is creative, haven’t seen that before.  Keep it up!

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2021, 02:38:30 pm »
Just a quick little update,i seem to work slightly quicker when I see how long since i last added to the thread.

Ive made a couple of brackets from some aluminium angle to secure the PSU,also tidied up the GPU bracket a little:

Attached the speakers to the board Id made,and added a small bracket for the volume setup.This is one of the turn it down and it clicks off dials,and is easily reached thru the coin door.

The silver disks of the speakers are a little more visible thru the grill than Id expected.I may have to do something about that:

At last my marquee is in the post and should arrive tomorrow.Ive had a bit of a runaround with that and may not be too happy with the results,but Ill see when it arrives.
 Have started working on my CPO and button placement.

I wish Id got the Cpo first as i could be working on fitting the controls now :banghead: but another lesson learnt.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2021, 03:34:40 pm »
Love the speaker hole, and I actually like the silver peeking through.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2021, 10:02:31 pm »
Love the speaker hole, and I actually like the silver peeking through.

Agreed it looks cooler that way

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2021, 04:10:35 pm »
I would actually hide the silver peeking through but it's not the end of the world either.  This cab is turning out great.

What kind of coin door are you going to use?  I'm 95% sure I'm building a Tully next as soon as the weather warms up a bit around NYC so I've started planning.  Coin doors are so pricey but necessary to complete the look, IMO.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2021, 09:50:09 am »
I would actually hide the silver peeking through but it's not the end of the world either.  This cab is turning out great.

What kind of coin door are you going to use?  I'm 95% sure I'm building a Tully next as soon as the weather warms up a bit around NYC so I've started planning.  Coin doors are so pricey but necessary to complete the look, IMO.

It will be the Industrias Lorenzo medium coin door.About 85 euros delivered.Its the single coin slot,and im assuming that wont cause any problems with 2 player games.Still undecided whether to get the euro coin mech,or the old 25 peseta coin one,ive got a bag of them lying about somewhere.

This crap situation with the Pandemic is messing with everything.Ive been delaying buying stuff as it seems wrong spending cash on my hobby,when my family relies on my business being up and running,but the uncertainty about if I"ll still have a business in a month or 2 is getting so old now :banghead:

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2021, 02:37:10 pm »
Been having a try doing my own CPO and sideart.So ive been watching some Inkscape video tutorials.Managed to get a grasp of placing circles and grouping moving and resizing stuff.Early days as yet.

Ive printed out a bezel for reference.I took the red,yellow and blue from the art to try and tie things together.But the bezel looks so busy compared to the CPO.This needs work.
I also think i can edit the small instruction square on the original bezel for my own needs.

My Marquee finally arrived:

Unfortunately im not too happy with it and have ordered another elsewhere.Hopefully this one will be less stressful.

Last night i had my first go at vectorizing art.I had a rough copy of the Scramble sideart and am working on just using part of the image to create a smaller piece.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=159740.0;attach=387319
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=159740.0;attach=387317

This is what im aiming for,but to a higher standard obviously:

But again its early days in my struggle,im happy enough with the helmet ive vectorized,and the rockets too,but the vapor trail is a bit abysmal.Am i better off doing that part in Photoshop ??
 I was dead against trying the art myself as im not very artistic,but i lost about 5 hours in a flash as i wrestled with it last night ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:49:06 pm by lomoverde »

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2021, 02:44:49 pm »
Looking solid. The artwork is really looking great.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2021, 04:32:53 pm »
I love that side art - are you going to stencil it?  That would be really cool. 

As for the CPO and bezel... I'm not sure I like the red/orange or the busy art here.  I get what you are trying to do by tying it all in to the marquee but I think the CPO would look better all black with red/orange color rings around the buttons/joystick or other accents, not covering the entire panel.  It's a little too much, IMO, and you already have that awesome yellow that draws the eye.  It will also make the screen the focal point when looking down. 

The whole thing is really coming together nicely!

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 05:26:14 pm »
Looking solid. The artwork is really looking great.

Cheers bud.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 05:48:18 pm »
I love that side art - are you going to stencil it?  That would be really cool. 

As for the CPO and bezel... I'm not sure I like the red/orange or the busy art here.  I get what you are trying to do by tying it all in to the marquee but I think the CPO would look better all black with red/orange color rings around the buttons/joystick or other accents, not covering the entire panel.  It's a little too much, IMO, and you already have that awesome yellow that draws the eye.  It will also make the screen the focal point when looking down. 

The whole thing is really coming together nicely!

The sideart Im most confident about the direction Im going in.Ive got a clear idea in my head of the final version,Its just whether I"ll be able to pull it off myself without it looking to amatuer.
 When i first started looking into artwork for scramble,I saw it was a stencil job.
 The design im looking to produce will have to be on an oval background if i go for a sticker.And that background will have to either match my yellow cab,or use another colour entirely.I dont think id be able to match the yellow 100%.And id rather not have a different colour.
 So Ive been checking out one of those online printer places that can print you up anything big or small on any medium.They do a window sticker thats designed to be removed and moved and used over again for advertising and stuff.
 Im not sure how similar to Mylar it is,but Ive been thinking i could get it printed X2 each side on this stuff.and cut out the red X1 and the blackX1 for each side and have a go.Of course Id risk a world of pain if I mess up,But the design is extremely simple so Im seriously tempted.

And as for the CPO/Bezel,the area just has too much going on i know,but i love that Bezel design :banghead: Ill see how it looks with the black CPO tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice,I know what i like when i see it,but have no idea about the process to get there.
 Constantly amazes me how good some of the work on this site is. :notworthy:

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2021, 07:46:24 pm »
That is really looking great.  Scramble is one of my favorites and you are nailing it.  Love that color scheme.   :cheers:

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 11:16:09 am »
I know what i like when i see it,but have no idea about the process to get there.

This sums up my design process as well.  It's why I'm not happy until I've seen a ton of different designs and taken in suggestions from other people.  Sometimes I like something right away but I still want to go through the process even if I end up coming full circle to where I started.

You are definitely headed in the right direction.  The yellow was a super bold and awesome color choice and I think playing around with different designs before committing to anything is going to ensure you make good decisions for the final look. 

:cheers:

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2021, 05:46:46 pm »
After playing around with Inkscape for many hours now,Ive been looking at some different colour schemes as recomended.Ive bought some red,white and black buttons and so mocked up some different combinations:

Im actually really enjoying learning the basic workings of Inkscape.I wasnt keen on learning a new complicated program,but for my needs its actually not to hard.I cant decide on the joystick surround,and am maybe making it a bit more complex than what it needs to be.
 What im preferring the most is black buttons with red surrounds on a black background:

Im determined to keep the original bezel,and I think this new CPO keeps the clutter down from how my earlier attempt looked.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2021, 06:05:34 pm »
I ordered a sample pack of the window sticker stuff.Unfortunately its a rubber like material,even with a brand new craft blade i cant cut it cleanly enough.And it doesnt stick to the painted sides good enough for me to risk making stencils out of it.
 So im going to have to probably make the sideart one big sticker.Ive added a bit more detail to it,Its far from perfect,but Im quite pleased that Ive got this far with it myself.

Ive just got to try and smooth the vapor trails a bit more.
 Does anyone happen to know how accurate it would be,if i tried to grab the cabinet colour from a photo.And used that yellow for the sticker? Would it be a close match?Id rather it was yellow than any other colour,white for example.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 06:09:43 pm by lomoverde »

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:08:31 pm
  • Just because.
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2021, 06:55:27 am »
What im preferring the most is black buttons with red surrounds on a black background:

Im determined to keep the original bezel,and I think this new CPO keeps the clutter down from how my earlier attempt looked.

That massive block of black doesn't work IMHO. There is just too much negative space. If this was my CP, I would try to use colors that are used in the bezel, and some kind of transition from bezel to CP.

The CP on the right is still very plain, but CP and bezel look at lot more cohesive.

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Just because.
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2021, 07:06:33 am »
I ordered a sample pack of the window sticker stuff.Unfortunately its a rubber like material,even with a brand new craft blade i cant cut it cleanly enough.And it doesnt stick to the painted sides good enough for me to risk making stencils out of it.
 So im going to have to probably make the sideart one big sticker.Ive added a bit more detail to it,Its far from perfect,but Im quite pleased that Ive got this far with it myself.

Ive just got to try and smooth the vapor trails a bit more.
 Does anyone happen to know how accurate it would be,if i tried to grab the cabinet colour from a photo.And used that yellow for the sticker? Would it be a close match?Id rather it was yellow than any other colour,white for example.

You can do that stencil by hand. Mask off the whole area with painter's tape (I would use frog tape). Print the sideart. Use some tape to fix it at the desired spot. Use a scalpel or exacto knife to cut out the areas that need to be painted. Use enough pressure to cut the tape underneath as well. Peel off the tape that covers the stencil areas. Paint those areas. If you only need one coat of paint, you can remove the rest of the tape while the paint is still wet. If you need more coats of paint, let the paint dry, apply another coat, let the paint dry. You may need to cut the paint at the edges with the knife to avoid damaging it when removing the tape.
This is a fairly easy process and this way you don't have to worry about matching the yellow because you are using the yellow paint on your cab.

This shows how I did my Clint stencils. You have to scoll down a bit. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,140758.msg1458221.html#msg1458221

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2021, 09:01:12 am »
I like the orange one.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 01:31:54 pm »

That massive block of black doesn't work IMHO. There is just too much negative space. If this was my CP, I would try to use colors that are used in the bezel, and some kind of transition from bezel to CP.

The CP on the right is still very plain, but CP and bezel look at lot more cohesive.

Thanks for the input bud.I did really like like the black CPO,but when placed on the cab how you did,i can see the problem.
 Ive made up another,pretty much the old one in matching red,but incorporated the trim you added.It does look good in my opinion.

If i go with this i can always play with the different colour butoons i suppose.Thanks again for the help on this.

But as for your stencil recomendation....
 Yours did come out looking great,and its a cool idea.But i got the impression from reading your posts,in hindsight you wouldnt have done it that way. :laugh:

Ive not decided stencil or sticker 100% yet,but it seems like a lot of work and risk using your method.

Ive seen some more window decal material in a chinese shop near me.Its for frosting windows and iss dirt cheap off a long roll.
 It doesnt have any stretch and is more like the safety cover youd get on a new fone or lcd screen.It has the advantage of a peel of adhesive back.Im going to give that a go and see what problems that throws up.

Thanks again for the pointers,would you go with the CPO as is now??

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Just because.
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2021, 03:52:02 pm »
But as for your stencil recomendation....
 Yours did come out looking great,and its a cool idea.But i got the impression from reading your posts,in hindsight you wouldnt have done it that way. :laugh:

When I built Clint, I came up with this process and it just took a few attempts to find the right material (frog tape instead of stickers that wouldn't come off) and not making stupid mistakes (like peeling off a part of the tape that should have stayed on). I did stencils this way on my second cab, too. It's a bit of work, but it works and looks good.
You might take a piece of scrap wood and do just a part of the stencil to see if you can do it and like the result.

Ive seen some more window decal material in a chinese shop near me.Its for frosting windows and iss dirt cheap off a long roll.
 It doesnt have any stretch and is more like the safety cover youd get on a new fone or lcd screen.It has the advantage of a peel of adhesive back.Im going to give that a go and see what problems that throws up.

If you use a sticker, try to get a transparent one, so you don't have to worry about the yellow. If you want to go the extra mile, you can cut out the transparent parts before applying the rest of the sticker to the cab.

Thanks again for the pointers,would you go with the CPO as is now??

Yep, that looks good.

Tip: When you do the final CPO version without the button graphics, put a + at the center of the button circles, so that you have a mark that shows you where to drill. Also do that for the joystick, of course.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2021, 04:26:32 pm »

This is the one

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2021, 06:01:53 pm »
After seeing the black CPO with the bezel art I agree it's not right.  I'm still not sure I like the orange/red though.  What if you picked up the green instead?  Or maybe the light blue?  I don't know why but the orange/yellow combo seems off to me...

I might also move the 3 buttons down a bit - you don't want to accidentally hit the P2 Start button during play.  Have you made a test panel yet to try it out?

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2021, 07:46:51 am »
I was tempted to ask the wife about colour co-ordination,that quickly passed so ive mocked up a couple of quick combinations.Ive left the joystick graphics on my home pc,so there absent.

I do quite like the pale green trim,but i cant see much of it in the bezel to tie them together.The blue i can see a bit of a match,but the 3rd green just no. :dizzy: Im at a loss.

For the amount a CPO costs i may just order the red/yellow one (my current favorite)when i have the bezel ready for print.At least that way i can get my holes drilled and maybe will be easier to see the bigger picture when its all together.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2021, 07:53:44 am »

I might also move the 3 buttons down a bit - you don't want to accidentally hit the P2 Start button during play.  Have you made a test panel yet to try it out?

Button position isnt set yet,initially i had PL1 & PL2 side by side on the left and that gave more room on the right of the panel.But PL1 & PL2 are my escape buttons so i think with them at opposite ends will reduce accidental exits.

I can maybe shunt the joy and buttons left a little as long as it doesnt look to uneven.
Ive just been testing with hands on printouts of the layout.I should really drill a bit of scrap i suppose.

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2021, 07:58:08 am »

If you use a sticker, try to get a transparent one, so you don't have to worry about the yellow. If you want to go the extra mile, you can cut out the transparent parts before applying the rest of the sticker to the cab.

Can you get them printed on clear vinyl? This i didnt expect.

Ive decided I will not be printing sidart and try to recreate the yellow.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2021, 10:44:16 am »
Dag, yo.   :notworthy:

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Just because.
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2021, 11:04:42 am »
I would go with black buttons and a red dustwasher / black balltop for the joystick. You already have a riot of colours in the bezel, you don't need randomly coloured buttons.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2021, 11:17:51 am »
I would go with black buttons and a red dustwasher / black balltop for the joystick. You already have a riot of colours in the bezel, you don't need randomly coloured buttons.

Agreed.