Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak extended bar, some sensors don't light up  (Read 4044 times)

Solstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 09:41:12 am
Aimtrak extended bar, some sensors don't light up
« on: January 25, 2021, 01:16:46 pm »
Hello all

i bought an aimtrak lightgun two years ago, with the standard bar, and i had many issues with the sensors and calibration, so i bought the extended, larger one. now it seems to work better but it's still "off" than what i could achieve. Today, while taking a picture to send to my friend, i notcied  that in the phone's camera, it caught some lights coming off from the sensors, but some of hte sensors seems turned off. is it normal, or the bar i received is defective?

see the picture inlcuded to see what am i talking about

exodus123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2021, 08:40:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Aimtrak extended bar, some sensors don't light up
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:26:24 pm »
Some of the leds seem absolutely dead, I would reccomend you to try farther away and also try with the original IN ANOTHER COMPUTER, just to test and discard issues with the camera.

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 02:22:55 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 07:29:30 pm »
I bought the same sensor bar, you have it in large display mode which turns on the outer most leds and is made for 32-60 inch displays. There is a small switch towards the center of the bar. If you switch that to the other position you will see the inner leds light with your phone (the ones that are  NOT lit in your pic) because that mode is made for 19-32 inch displays and the inner leds work better for that size.

That said dude, I had the same issue as you. I had the smaller original Aimtrak bar and just could not calibrate it correctly.

I bought the new super ir sensor bar and yes while it helps a little bit better, I still can’t calibrate them right. It’s a mess yet they say this is the best sensor bar ever for the Aiimtraks.

Aimtraks suck now dude. You want a dead on balls accurate lightgun for LCD monitors, look into Sinden as I have.

Solstar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 01:37:41 am »
I see, thanks.

yes i ordeted already a sinden light gun in october but apparently it won't ship before March :(

exodus123456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2021, 08:40:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:59:12 am »
The problem with Sinden is the delay and uncertainty of the shipment, I think your best bet FOR NOW is to try GUN4IR, at least untill Sinden gets its shipping situation sorted out.

Solstar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 02:21:52 pm »
thanks will check it out :)