Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Which dart board for basement bar?  (Read 1251 times)

Ianwelch001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2021, 12:18:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Which dart board for basement bar?
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:41:53 pm »
I just finished my basement and built a 13 ft bar for entertaining. I also have a room which I want to put a dart board and something else down the line.

I was looking at both the spyder 360 1000 dart board and the galaxy 2.5 dart board. The galaxy 2.5 is refurbished and comes with a 1 year warranty and is $2499.

The spyder 360 1000 is $2200

I know the galaxy is older but i like the bar model over the home version.

Just wondering everyone else's opinions.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Which dart board for basement bar?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 11:44:10 pm »
There is a certain satisfaction you would get from the commercial version and a pride of ownership, maintenance and your abilities I would imagine would be the deciding factor, since there are few competent service guys anymore that still make house calls.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 11:49:08 pm by jennifer »

Ianwelch001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2021, 12:18:07 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »
Thank you.
I'm pretty mechanically inclined and would attempt to fix anything that happens with it.

What are the differences between the home and commercial versions? Seems like all the same games. Just don't know whats different

Thanks

thomashenry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 03:55:21 am
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 04:36:04 am »
 Winmau Blade 5. About £35 in the UK, not sure about US prices.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:18:23 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 03:34:18 pm »
Build your own.  You aren't getting much extra nowadays from commercial boards, considering the cost.

I picked up a DARTSLIVE 200-S, which runs about $170 on Amazon.  It has really nice free scoring software for Android, IPAD, and Win10, which appears to be taken straight from their commercial boards, with a couple of omissions, and communicates via Bluetooth. I put an RGB LED strip and LED-Wiz inside to light up the ring under the numbers and used my LuminAudio Engine software to pulse colors based on the audio from the software (it only lights up when the sounds are being played, not when throwing.)  Mine is on the wall with some decent PC speakers, dedicated monitor and a lighting unit around it, but you'd be hard pressed to differentiate a commercial machine if all of that was built into a decent cabinet.  The only real difference is the the lack of pay-to-play, and you will need to take the board apart to remove broken tips. Simple to do, but it takes about 20 minutes if you need to do it.  It probably wouldn't take too much to hack the PCB's if you wanted to move the 2 buttons out to a panel, but that's far from a necessity.

Very happy with mine.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:03:00 pm by RandyT »