Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Howler arcade controller configuration software  (Read 1618 times)

Brob78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2021, 02:30:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Howler arcade controller configuration software
« on: January 16, 2021, 02:12:30 pm »
Hi, I am in need of the configuration software for a Howler controller. I bought one used a while back and assumed I could download it whenever. Assuming it was still available. However, I cannot find a link or anything related (that is alive). Everything I find is a deadend, and Wolfware's website has apparently been taken down. Maybe, just maybe someone has one and has the software for it. Thanks

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
Re: Howler arcade controller configuration software
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:04:15 am »
I picked up one of these devices through Kickstarter (or whatever crowdfunding site they were launched on). I have never used it, but at some point I grabbed the software just to make sure I had it on hand when I was ready to put it into service. Obviously that was a good idea as the dude who designed it has apparently vanished.  :( Please let us know if you are able to get your board up and running successfully with the attached programs. I've heard there might still be some issues even with the latest firmware...

meduza

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:44:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • LEDSpicer wiki
Re: Howler arcade controller configuration software
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 10:13:31 am »
Hello there,
I wrote a program for Linux based OS (raspberry, Ubuntu, etc) to handle the LEDs, (LEDSpicer) but I don't have the program to change the settings, anyway I have a Howler myself and I know someone that most likely have the software, I will ask him and come back to you.

edit: I got your the file here.
In that zip you will find everything you can find for the Howler (windows only  :cry:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:44:31 am by meduza »