Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help identify this component that fell out of WGk7191  (Read 1210 times)

krion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 01:18:20 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Help identify this component that fell out of WGk7191
« on: January 13, 2021, 10:19:26 am »
Good day!

I had just finished doing my cap kit and was in the process of reflowing some solder joints that appeared to need some attention on my 7191 board.  The component located at position C19 fell off of the board.  I have looked at the schematics and there does not appear to be any polarity associated to the position.  However, I am no expert and wanted to double check with those with extensive experience prior to soldering back in.

I have attached pictures of the position and the component.  If possible, just wondering if the component needs to be oriented in a specific direction (ie, the writing needs to face which way?).

Thank you kindly for the help!!  Its very much appreciated.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:55:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Help identify this component that fell out of WGk7191
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 11:43:57 am »
just wondering if the component needs to be oriented in a specific direction
It's not an electrolytic capacitor so there's no polarity.

Either way will be fine.   ;D

Scott

krion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 01:18:20 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Help identify this component that fell out of WGk7191
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:21:37 pm »
Hey Scott,

Thanks man!  Much appreciated.  Was pretty sure that was the case but really appreciate the reassurance from someone that knows from sure.  Dont want to plug this in and have something go sideways because i didnt double check!

Cheers!

Sean