Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade doesn't work, after initial setup  (Read 6879 times)

svedel77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2021, 05:00:34 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maximus Arcade doesn't work, after initial setup
« on: January 10, 2021, 05:36:05 am »
Hi everyone,

Diffycult to explain, so I made a video, showing the errors I get, after the initial setup of Maximus Arcade. The video is here :

Best regards'
Soeren

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: Maximus Arcade doesn't work, after initial setup
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 01:05:35 am »
Try MAME 161 or earlier, like 149. Listxml format changed in 162. Someone else here mentions changes in 150.

Read this too, even though it talks about MALA.

Best solution: Don't use an unsupported/abandoned front end.

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:25:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:02:01 pm »
Hi, I had the same problem, read this topic and solved (you can use google translate if you don't understand italian)

https://arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?t=31186

MrMatt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 09:00:57 am
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 11:03:30 am »
I used MA a few years ago and it was fine.

I tried recently to get it setup with a more recent version of MAME and GM but MA doesn't work any more since MAME changed the format of it's .xmls.  It is also unsupported and hasn't been updated since the version I bought years ago.

I spent hours the other night trying to generate the correct xmls for MA but none of them worked and I could never get the frontend to launch without it getting stuck when it has to import the gameslist xml.

My solution was to move to the "Attract Mode" front end which I got setup and working in about 4 minutes including scraping everything and installing a really nice looking theme which looks incredible on my arcade cabinet running GroovyMAME.