Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Batocera Light Guns  (Read 9496 times)

EssexMame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2023, 07:43:50 am
  • Mame Weekender
Batocera Light Guns
« on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:33 am »
Hi

Has anyone had any success with Batocera (5.27.2 in my case on an x64 PC) and the "lightgun" directory and Aimtrak?
I expected it to be plug-n-play, with the and the movement (mouse movement of cursor essentially) IS.
However, the trigger and extra button don't shoot, it's the gamepad that does. I've tried to configure/calibrate the Aimtrak but I still can't sort it out!
Does anyone know what I'd set the buttons to, in the Aimtrak calibration utility, to work for the trigger and button - is it the mouse buttons (left/right)? I've tried but no luck. Do I need to configure in the mame menu?
The buttons do work (on my PC) so it's not the gun.

I have used Lakka, and recalbox, too if it is easier, but I don't think they have the specific "lightgun" directory/config so I expect not.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Batocera Light Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:44:48 am »
Hi

Has anyone had any success with Batocera (5.27.2 in my case on an x64 PC) and the "lightgun" directory and Aimtrak?
I expected it to be plug-n-play, with the and the movement (mouse movement of cursor essentially) IS.
However, the trigger and extra button don't shoot, it's the gamepad that does. I've tried to configure/calibrate the Aimtrak but I still can't sort it out!
Does anyone know what I'd set the buttons to, in the Aimtrak calibration utility, to work for the trigger and button - is it the mouse buttons (left/right)? I've tried but no luck. Do I need to configure in the mame menu?
The buttons do work (on my PC) so it's not the gun.

I have used Lakka, and recalbox, too if it is easier, but I don't think they have the specific "lightgun" directory/config so I expect not.

I have no experience of this Batocera so I could be totally wrong.
But it looks like its based on retro arch/emulation station/retropie type setup.
If so you will likely need to bring up the RA config menu while in game and change the button configs.

That being said (and again could be miles off base here) with retropie there is a option to setup a controller in the menu you may be able to get it to recognise the AT and then set the buttons.

Sorry cant be any more help as I have never seen it.

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:07 pm »
I just installed it and noticed the lightgun folders.  I hope it works with the Dolphin Bar.....

I'll let you know.

EssexMame

• Offline Offline
  • Mame Weekender
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 11:36:51 am »
I couldn’t get the lightgun folder games to work completely, but I had some success. I think it’s the definition in the overall Batocera setup I need to sort. I’ll spend some more time on it soon

Richie_jones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:04:21 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 08:31:50 am »
Any luck getting these working correctly?

EssexMame

• Offline Offline
  • Mame Weekender
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 10:23:37 am »
Not as yet, though I've updated Batocera to 32 since then and I've not retried- they've changed how "lightgun" works where it doesn't need a different folder.
I think as the cab won't fit the AimTrak or Dolphin bar, without modification, I'll look into Sinden as/when I come back to this...