Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Directly to the forums  (Read 4037 times)

Mike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
Directly to the forums
« on: June 19, 2002, 08:48:15 am »
Just an idea but since you have both the domain arcadecontrols.com and arcadecontrols.org why not throw a default page at say arcadecontrols.org that takes you straight to the forum. since this is where most people go anyways. It would be nice not to type in www.arcadecontrols.org/cgi-bin/yabb/yagg.cgi everytime I want to come straight to the forums. I know your gonna say why not just bookmark it. I'm just saying for convience sakes it would be nice. Besides your not really using the default at www.arcadecontrols.org anyways it just makes you manually click a link to go to www.arcadecontrols.com anyways. It would also save you some on bandwidth for people to not load up the frame and to come straight to the forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
Re: Directly to the forums
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 03:09:25 pm »
For that matter we COULD put it at forum.arcadecontrols.org. It's really up to saint how he wants to access it. I believe he would like people to go through the main page at arcadecontrols.com. That way any changes in site layout (and some are coming) will not be noticed. Besides... You miss the news and new projects that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!