Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: gripper wont move  (Read 1988 times)

joe schamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2020, 03:39:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
gripper wont move
« on: December 28, 2020, 04:47:08 pm »
i just boughghty a rockola 440 and have the manual.  the turntable moves with the scan or operate switch
the write in operation seems to be ok, but the sequence stops as soon as the write-in side of the "wheel" lines up....not read out ever happens

i believe the first thing i have to address is microswitch #1...the lever is not lined up with the groove in the cam
i tried turning the knurled button on the bottom of the motor, but it locks up after only 2 or 3 turns

the instructions clearly state that microswitch #1 lever must be aligned in the cam groove before anything else can happen, but the gripper MUST also be over the magazine at the same time

the gripper is now at the turntable and i cant get it to move with the knurled stem

is there a next step short of disassembling the gripper motor?

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: gripper wont move
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 10:46:30 pm »
This video should help: