Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL Echo HD3 First time User 2 questions on Use  (Read 3437 times)

njbrodeur87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2020, 08:13:16 pm
JVL Echo HD3 First time User 2 questions on Use
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »
So I just Recently got a JVL Echo HD3. Thing has been awesome so far. 2 things i have a question on.

1. It seems on these JVL machines, you cant run local tournaments that dont require credits to be inserted. Even if i set it to freeplay, the games are freeplay but tournaments dont seem to have a way to just be free to play if i choose to. Megatouch seems to have this option. Am i missing anything or that's how it is?

2. My Bill acceptor works great and credits register. the 25c slot takes the quarters but no credits register. Anything i can look for that may be causing this?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:36:27 pm by njbrodeur87 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:05 pm
Re: JVL Echo HD3 First time User 2 questions on Use
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 07:41:10 pm »
Neither companys support online features anymore. As a matter of fact, Megatouch company no longer supports the machines or software  at all. JVL has very limited support for the Software (installs discs)

As far as your coin problem, sounds like the coin mech sensor might be bad, or its not plugged in. Or, its set to possibly another country coin in the software?

njbrodeur87

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 07:45:56 pm »
Both systems Megatouch aND jvl allow local tournaments to be setup within their software, doesnt have anything to do with online as i know that doesnt work. This is about if JVL allows for tournaments to be setup without a cost like megatouch does in their software.

Yea im figuring its the sensor, if its not plugged in whats the cable im looking for? I have the back open trying to figure it out but not sure.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 07:55:41 pm »
Both systems (companies) Had online tourneys (their servers) They are BOTH down, and most likely forever. There has been plenty of people with those systems trying to work on a way to run their own. So far nobody has done it.

Are you talking about private tournaments on a stand alone system? There is only a few games that can be setup for that on Megatouches, and JVL, i am not sure if they even had that feature as i never had anyone ask for it.

Maybe Shawn can chime in on it, as he has probably Dealt with more JVL customers/bars then i have.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:00:42 pm by mahkeymike »

njbrodeur87

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 08:00:13 pm »
i think everyone must be confused on this tournament question i have. Im well aware online services dont work anymore. Both megatouch and JVl allow you to setup LOCAL not online tournaments on the system. I can setup on the megatouch certain games and schedule times for it to start etc. This is great for home bar use so i can hsetup a tournament for the day and everyone plays and the winner is annouced at the time end. My Question was on the JVL i can setup the same thing but unlike the megatouch i dont see an option to allow people to play in these tournaments i setup without paying credits. Even set on freeplay only the games go to freeplay tournaments stay as requiring credits to play. Megatouch has the option to choose if you want tournaments free or credits. My Question was is this how JVL is or am i missing an option.

P.S. There is a bunch of games that can be used on each system in local tournaments not just a few.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
I know what you are talking about. But i don't think you can't set that up as free play.

I am just going to let Shawn chime in here when he wakes up from his mid day nap. :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:05:50 pm by mahkeymike »

njbrodeur87

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 08:09:33 pm »
haha sounds good and thanks, id be unfortunate if thats how JVL did it that tournaments cant be freeplay, but at least but megatouch can do it.