Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pi2JAMMA with a NBA Jam (4-player) cabinet  (Read 269 times)

dursly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 03:18:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pi2JAMMA with a NBA Jam (4-player) cabinet
« on: February 25, 2024, 03:19:30 pm »
Recently I picked up my NBA Jam cabinet, after keeping it in storage for about 15 years. Everything is still working fine running the original NBA Jam JAMMA board, besides a dead CMOS battery and some crackling on the speaker, which seems to decrease once it has warmed up.

Before putting it in storage, I had it running with a PC with an ArcadeVGA, J-Pac and I-Pac. At least I think I used the I-Pac for the player 3 and 4 joysticks and buttons, but I'm not really sure anymore.
Instead of trying to get the old PC setup working again, I want to try a clean/compact setup with the Pi2JAMMA Premium. Does anyone have any experience using the Pi2JAMMA with player 1+2 running via the Rpi GPIO pins and then using an I-Pac 2 to feed player 3+4 signals to the Rpi via USB? Or any other suggestions for feeding player 3+4 signals to the Rpi?

Greets,
Erwin