Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gottlieb Stargate Starflyer not working. Help!  (Read 6847 times)

phreak97

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2022, 08:45:06 pm
Gottlieb Stargate Starflyer not working. Help!
« on: December 17, 2020, 03:29:28 am »
Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me.

When I bought my Gottlieb Stargate pinball machine the starflyer forward-back motor was missing, just this week my new one came in the mail and is now installed.

In the test menu the pyramid works fine, the starflyer moves in and out and side to side fine, the home switches on both starflyer movements trigger ok too.
During gameplay when the starflyer should come out it moves side to side to find centre and stops, then the pyramid up solenoid gives a tiny blip (pyramid does a little jump) then nothing else until the starflyer mode ends then then it goes side to side to find centre again and that’s it.

If I move the starflyer out manually a bit (home switch off) then power cycle the machine the starflyer will move the rest of the way out then back in and stop as it should so that part is working.

I have swapped the game rom with an earlier version with no change.

I have swapped the io board and the cpu board with another machine and it made no difference.

What’s left to check?

Thanks,
James

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:09:19 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Gottlieb Stargate Starflyer not working. Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 07:26:26 am »
It’s been 15 years since I’ve owned this game.  I’d check your pyramid solenoid to make sure it can easily actuate.  If there are any opto switches, make sure they’re clean.

Post over on pinside, you are more likely to get help.