Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bootleg machine using my Mala layout  (Read 1829 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Bootleg machine using my Mala layout
« on: December 16, 2020, 07:55:40 pm »
Can't link.  Against rules and all that.
Some company in California just came out with a piece of crap XXX in 1 standup racer with no shifter or force feedback.
The layout is my old Mala layout.  I must have shared the artwork on BYOAC back in the day.
I was especially proud of myself for making the two banded outline around the preview look glossy.
No way it came from anywhere else.

....guess I could do a screen grab on tapatalk. brb.

Original:

(actually, they probably used the pic I posted here and blacked out the list since the grill behind the selected game is lost.  (along with the tach and "redline")
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:01:38 pm by BadMouth »

Phreakwars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 12:33:42 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Bootleg machine using my Mala layout
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:11:08 pm »
Next time throw a watermark on your image before showing it off. My daughter gets pissy about things like that as well. I pay for her Photoshop subscription and she's gotten so good over the years that she gets paid commissions all the time for her work. The vast majority of it is original stuff. She'll blow her stack if she sees someone stealing her work, so she now watermarks things she does'nt sell and just posts for people to see.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:29:45 pm »
I'm not as much pissed as amused.  It's not like I owned the rights to the Ferrari pic I used.
They are asking $3,249 for the sit down version.   Again, no shifter or force feedback. 

From the review I watched, they didn't even bother setting up the games properly.
Both the front-end and games are stretched to widescreen instead of being ran in widescreen.

EDIT: ....and they angle the joysticks on their four player cabs.  :soapbox:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:36:10 pm by BadMouth »

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:43:13 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 11:24:50 am »
I've seen a YouTube video from someone showing off their purchase of one of these big pieces of crap. 2000 bucks they cost (for the stand-up version)! As BM mentioned there's no gear stick or FFB and the wheel is just some generic third party one complete with PlayStation branded buttons. The thing that really ---smurfs--- me off though is the fact that all these 107 games are unlicensed, meaning these ---smurfs--- are profiteering off IPs they've got no right to and associating them with this shoddy crap-fest- I'm surprised Sega, Namco and Nintendo et al haven't got their lawyers onto these guys. If that wasn't bad enough, as well as being unlicensed they're also un-optimised. Daytona USA is playing (in Japanese) on a 16:9 monitor in horrible stretched 4:3. Outrun 2006 is in it's non H.Casto-ified form, meaning it's got the horrendous steering wheel deadzone.

I can see the attraction of wanting to own a stand-up or sit-down driving cab, without having to go through the effort of building one yourself, but anyone that buys one of these is a mug, especially for that price.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:28:51 am by MrThunderwing »