Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me about this board?  (Read 4943 times)

LazerTag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2020, 07:50:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can anyone tell me about this board?
« on: December 09, 2020, 11:05:45 am »
Hi all,  New member here.

Found the site while trying to find info about this board I have.  Can you all help me to understand what exactly this board is?  I "think" it might have been the original board in my PacMan Plus mini caberet (as it was literally loose inside the cabinet).

Is it just Pacman or are some of these multiple games? If so, how does one tell?
What is the VRAM board actually for?
Is the board worth anything or should I keep it?

Can this board simply be swapped in my Pacman Plus cabinet to test it?
or, are there possibly other changes that were made to 'upgrade' from this to Pacman Plus that would make testing not possible?

I can provide more images if needed to help.

thanks for any info

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 11:32:22 am by LazerTag »

jennifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Can anyone tell me about this board?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 01:50:09 pm »
Thats a pac man board with the daughter card...dumping the roms(The G4 would work on that and is relatively cheap) or powering it up would probibally be the the only way to tell what game it is playing, But it is capable of any Pac games with a rom change, even the original Mr pac but for that that little add on board is not necessary...If you want to sell it shoot me a price on Pm (personal message, you may need a mod to turn that on for you)...welcome to the forum😜.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:51:50 pm by jennifer »