Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How do I know the orientation of a champion soldered to the motherboard?  (Read 876 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
Hi guys,

I've been working on my put your video game setup. I bought a SCART to composite converter and a kit for RGB to component for my MVS.

I I bought a kit for the MVS RGB to component converter not realizing it was a kit. That's fine busted out my soldering iron and got to work. I just wanna make sure I'm installing this chip in the right orientation. I haven't done any real soldering projects in since my brain surgery.

Does the side of the chip with the niche, lines up with the dirt on the side of the motherboard?

I feel pretty confident about the rest of the soldering I did, any help appreciated.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
Re: How do I know the orientation of a champion soldered to the motherboard?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »
Found the the same item from a different seller on eBay. His pic solved my issue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGBs-to-Component-Converter-Kit-for-Neo-Geo-MVS-Supergun-/284023844154

Here are some pics of the two RGB in component out converter's I bought side-by-side.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:24:07 pm by Locke141 »

Seob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 01:40:33 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 02:57:45 am »
Good to see you did figure it out. On the print of the mainboard you can see a small dot next to the resistor near the power jack. This has to line up with the notch on the ic.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 08:05:34 am »
Thanks, I Didn’t notice that dot after the post. Hoping it works ok, getting ready to move so will take a while.