Main > Everything Else

Cancer :/

(1/3) > >>

eds1275:
So three years ago I got really sick, I had a massive brain tumour that messed me up bad. I had surgery to remove it, and it was not cancerous. Turns out my DNA had mutated and my body didn't know what to do with this so it grew a tumour.

It wrecked my whole life, I woke up a new person and had/have major identity crisis issues. Got criplled all down my left side which makes me play musical instruments like a beginner. I nearly went bankrupt, all sorts of sad garbage that I don't want to type out right now because it's in the past.

Last week I was told that I have a new tumour growing, same spot, and that it is cancer. I have recently just scraped my life back together, got a new career in low voltage electricity, and now it's going to be taken away again. It really sucks and I am super depressed. Glad for the healthcare system in Canada, I am getting grief counselling and the like as well as treatments covered, and my job will move me to a desk job (when I'm able) until I'm ready to come back to the field.

Vocalitus:
Not the news you were wanting, especially after having that last tumor removed.  Cancer today is not cancer 20 years ago.  My mom had oral cancer at 80 years old and the doctor said it was terminal.  We went to another doctor and had a second opinion and the results were the same but there was a chance of treatment and surgery.  She lost a third of her tongue (didn't shut her up) and experienced mind numbing pain as she is allergic to blood thinners.  She is going to be 91 next month.

Do not give up as I believe that your mind is a very important tool for overcoming cancer and the subsequent treatments.  Focus on your life goals, keep your arcade hobby active.  Fight tooth and nail.

You can beat cancer and go into remission.  If a 90 year old woman can do it - you can.

We are always here for you.   :cheers:

leapinlew:
Wow, sorry man.

I think it's ok to have a pity party for a while. I would assume it's totally normal. I definitely want to echo what Vocalitus said - you can beat it.

DaOld Man:
man I am sorry to hear that. Dont give up and know it aint over till the fat lady sings, and i aint heard no fat lady sing.

nexusmtz:
Good luck with everything. I know it's a lot, but you've shown that you've got what it takes to handle it. Keep taking care of yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version