Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: easy to learn CNC software  (Read 5766 times)

rackoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
easy to learn CNC software
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:53:46 pm »
Hello, haven't been around for a while but still building cabs.   Been doing it for 17 years now. I build cabs with fresh out of long term lock upped youth in a bad area of a bad city. We give the cabs away after a year or so and a new group of students build a new cab. Its all about bonding really.

Anyway there are two things I hate and that's cutting the side panels and cutting t-molding slots. I got a CNC shop that will do it cheap because its for a school,  if I give them a CAD file.  Never done that before but I do teach algebra so I think I could figure it out.

Any free software out there. I have been messing with LibreCAD.  I have a cab in storage with all the measurements so that's taken care of
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

Bonecollektor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2021, 07:13:29 am
  • It's time to kickass and chew bubblegum...
Re: easy to learn CNC software
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:47:57 am »
I think there's Free cad, Opens cad, and a couple others. I prefer Sketchup. It's easy to learn and can export cad like format files (dxf).

Just noticed autocorrect changed "cad" to "had".

Needed fixed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:44:07 pm by Bonecollektor »

rackoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
Re: easy to learn CNC software
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 07:51:36 pm »
Ill check it out tonight thanks for the input :cheers:
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.