Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PvP MMORPGs (Beta)  (Read 2828 times)

francisbaud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2020, 11:15:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PvP MMORPGs (Beta)
« on: November 23, 2020, 11:18:17 am »
I'm following closely the development of three upcoming MMORPGs that are PvP-oriented. The amount of strategy features in those games is impressive : city building, structure destruction, player-driven economy, politics, territory conquest... It's like a mix between an MMO and a RTS (real-time strategy) game.

Crowfall: Medieval fantasy, somewhat sandbox. Factions (12 gods) and guilds battle each others in time-limited campaigns. Complex crafting, deep character customization, frequent change of characters, different types of maps (personal player-built maps, PvE, PvP). Estimated delivery: weeks

Camelot Unchained: Medieval fantasy, mostly sandbox. Three realms fight each other in an eternal war. Moving isles, block-by-block construction, in-depth crafting, extremely large-scale battles, non-mirrored classes, procedurally-generated maps. Estimated delivery: months

Dual Universe: Sci-fi, sandbox. Organizations cooperate and wage war to control the universe. Single shard universe with million(s) of players, multiple unique planets, player-built spaceships and buildings, voxel-based terrain. Estimated delivery: months

Soon they'll release but will keep iterating and improving after launch. For now they're in Beta and players can play regularly.

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
Re: PvP MMORPGs (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 11:29:22 am »
I can’t wait for WOW BC to come out, it was the one and only MMORPG I found PVP fun With my hunter and it promptly ended when Wrath came out.

I would lay a frost trap down that would ensnare everyone in the area with no way to remove the effect (you can remove it but it would just get re-applied a second later) Than I would hit my Bestial Wrath which would make my Pet and I immune to any CC effect for like 18 seconds as well as increase damage. Combine that with the reliance gear you can get in BC (so I don’t get 1 shoted) and the increase damage hunters can do in BC I would lay the absolute smack down on unsuspecting victims. I could destroy the most annoying PCP classes like Rouges or Warriors like shooting fish in a barrel leaving them confused as hell because they always thought hunters were easy kills.

I am so excited for BC I can’t wait
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:31:33 am by fallacy »

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »
Has Burning Crusade been confirmed at all?

---fudgesicle---, I'd neglect my kids to play that 18 hours a day again.

fallacy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 03:23:18 pm »
no but they are working on it, my guess it will release sometime between April and June

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 02:03:14 am »
I still mess around with the Witch King server on one of my VMs.  I can multi-box but that is about it.  I'm trying to migrate the Trinity server over to the Atomic Pi, without much success.

At least this version has all the patches working so Dead Mines works perfectly.

I thought  Burning Crusade has already been released in Beta....

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 10:57:06 am »
Has Burning Crusade been confirmed at all?

---fudgesicle---, I'd neglect my kids to play that 18 hours a day again.

I jumped into chromie time and leveling my lowbie toons in TBC on the latest expansion.
not exactly the same but still fun now that i can level any toon in any expansion.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 11:01:41 am »
I can’t wait for WOW BC to come out, it was the one and only MMORPG I found PVP fun With my hunter and it promptly ended when Wrath came out.

I would lay a frost trap down that would ensnare everyone in the area with no way to remove the effect (you can remove it but it would just get re-applied a second later) Than I would hit my Bestial Wrath which would make my Pet and I immune to any CC effect for like 18 seconds as well as increase damage. Combine that with the reliance gear you can get in BC (so I don’t get 1 shoted) and the increase damage hunters can do in BC I would lay the absolute smack down on unsuspecting victims. I could destroy the most annoying PCP classes like Rouges or Warriors like shooting fish in a barrel leaving them confused as hell because they always thought hunters were easy kills.

I am so excited for BC I can’t wait

I remember arena with my buds.
warrior, frost mage, and me, rogue.
we did well enough where we had a good time doing it.

As a rogue: shadow step behind clothie.
he ded.

fallacy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 10:25:06 am »
I remember Arena always frustrated me as a Hunter. 1 vS 1 even a lot of times 1 vs 2 in battle grounds I could smoke through people but with arena they were prepared with heals and they just had to step around a pillar to completely stop all damage coming from me and there was nothing I could do about it. I remember druids being the most overpowered in 2 vs 2 Arena, they could just run around a pillar in cat form (the only instant cast 0 side effect speed increase that no other class gets) popping out to cast rejuvenation or whatever the name of the healing spells they had.