Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Two groovyarcade side by side, rapidly out fo sync  (Read 1553 times)

bouleEtBol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 04:50:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Two groovyarcade side by side, rapidly out fo sync
« on: November 20, 2020, 07:34:30 am »
Hi,

I have two groovymame cabs :
The first one : groovyarcade 2019, ryzen 3200G, radeon hd 6450
The second one : groovyarcade 2020, ryzen 3400G, radeon hd 6450

By curiosity, I performed several basics sync tests to figure out how it behaves :
I launch the same game on the two cabs (ex : DDP), and I fast forward one of the 2 instance in order to be perfectly synced with the other one and let the attract mode running.
After one or two minutes, I already notice that the game looses sync between the two instances. The gap is bigger as time goes by.

I cannot figure out why game speed is different between the two instances. According to mame, the frequency is exactly the same for the two instances : 57.xx Hz, I also disabled frame_delay in order to not introduce bias in groovymame behavior.

I know that a lot of parameters are different between the two instances of groovyarcade (different hardware, os version, groovymame ant CRT switchres, ...) tthat can make things difficult to understand what's happening here.

According to you, is this behavior is expected or should I get a perfet sync between the two grooyarcade instances ?

Cheers.

donluca

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:36 pm
Re: Two groovyarcade side by side, rapidly out fo sync
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 03:05:53 pm »
This is actually a very interesting topic.

You might want to go on and share the logs of the two games running so we can see if there's anything off from there.
On a scale of fakeness, from more genuine to more fake, we'd have:

1.- Plastic plants (cf. Fake Plastic Trees)
2.- Inflatable dolls
3.- Arcade cabinets with LCD monitors

bouleEtBol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 04:50:18 pm
Re: Two groovyarcade side by side, rapidly out fo sync
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »
Hi,

I launched groovymame in verbose mode and attached the log and mame.ini files.
The average speed is 100.05% one side and 99.98 on the other side. Maybe this difference creates the desync issue I noticed but I cannot identify the source cause.

If you have any clues...

Cheers.