Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ipac Multimode Firmware  (Read 7890 times)

hodgegoulashi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2022, 09:32:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ipac Multimode Firmware
« on: November 09, 2020, 01:28:04 pm »
This feels like a review to me but sorry to mods if technically this doesn't fit the category.

I purchased some Ipacs from Ultimarc a few years back and built a cab that has brought me many hours of joy. Being home more recently I've been upgrading various aspects of the rig and found myself banging my head against a wall the past few days trying to get PC games to work with my control panel. I saw something about Andy's updated firmware and flashed my boards to the multimode supported firmware (available on the Ultimarc website). Wow! The multimode functionality works perfectly. I jumped right into DragonBall Fighterz with ease and look forward to trying this out on other games soon.

I have to say this being a free firmware upgrade is incredible as I would have easily spent money to purchase a new iPac with this feature. I can't say enough good things about how Ultimarc is taking care of their customers. This has ensured they have one for life in me. If you have an iPac that can be flashed with this update I can't recommend it enough. Making something you have better is a no brainer  :cheers:

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
Re: Ipac Multimode Firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 09:01:46 pm »
Is it the firmware which make the ipac recognised like an X-input joypad? I was afraid to test it. Do you get 2 separate x-input joypads like that? Any cons?

Envoyé de mon LEX722 en utilisant Tapatalk

hodgegoulashi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 01:25:27 am »
Yes, that's the one! Totally worth it IMO. It's a simple flash, as long as your iPac is a post-2015 model you won't have any issues. If you end up not liking the X-input feature no harm no foul. I would say save a copy of your config in case, but it shouldn't mess with anything. Yes, I have 2 gamepads when switched to X-input mode. I just got done setting up 2 player Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Injustice: Gods Among Us PC versions with ease.

fablog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 10:23:25 pm »
Thanks, it sounds great. I remember that Andy said in X-input mode the ipac is not working with Ledblinky. Could you confirm?

hodgegoulashi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 02:18:07 pm »
Per his notes, it looks like that is the case. https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac4-board/

fablog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 08:47:50 pm »
OK thanks.