Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to Identify Arcade Cabinet - Space Invaders  (Read 5400 times)

chancolio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2020, 09:45:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to Identify Arcade Cabinet - Space Invaders
« on: November 07, 2020, 09:45:08 am »
Hi,

First time poster, and very much non-expert, so so forgive me if I say anything woefully ill-informed.

I've been asked to look into either selling or arranging a repair for an old Space Invaders cabinet, and the first step is to figure out exactly what it is and when it's from. It has an old Taito plate on it, but I'm not sure how to identify it based on that. If anyone could help with information on how to figure out what I'm looking at, that would be amazing. A few pictures attached to help with this. These include a picture of it powered on, and as you can see, it's not looking healthy. If it's possible to also guess what might be wrong with it based on that photo, that would be even more helpful.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

CanuckAB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 10:06:49 pm
Re: How to Identify Arcade Cabinet - Space Invaders
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 02:04:06 pm »
Hello Chancolio,

I just joined myself, so sorry for the delay in responding to your November post.

I have an original TAITO Space Invaders upright that I am returning to it's former glory (and am looking for a Joystick for if you rn across one).

What would you like to know? Do you have any pictures to show me, so I can give you more guidance? What does the control panel look like? Is it in English or Japanese? Buttons or Joystick? If you don't have any photos, there are tons of images online (I have a bunch as well) that may help... if you let me know in more detail what you're looking for, I can go thru my saved links and forward them to you.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy

mourix

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:23:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 05:12:00 pm »
You'll get a lot much more targeted replies if you post pics.  Untill then, you could look at the flyers and see if you recognize yours?

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 01:52:39 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 02:46:50 am »
@CanuckAB Looks to be the same as this one: https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=4379&image=1 That rocket in the lower left matches. An Aussie cab?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 02:49:26 am by Phreakwars »

CanuckAB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 10:06:49 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 04:06:45 pm »
Sorry for the MUCH delayed response. I did not clue into there being another message at the end.

I have no idea on the origin of this cabinet, but I am in Canada and it is Japanese. There are the JAMMA stickers on the side in Japanese as well as the stickers on the inside. The coin mech is 100yen, and it runs 90/100V power (it has an added step up transformer)

So, I am assuming it came into Canada from Japan, possibly as a personal possession. It was in somebody's basement for several years and needs work, but it'll be great once I get to it.

Enjoy!