Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Complete CRT to LCD  (Read 1637 times)

grosenberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2020, 03:52:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee Complete CRT to LCD
« on: November 01, 2020, 11:32:24 am »
I realize this post has been brought up in this forum but at this point I havn't found the solution to what I'm seeing. 

I have a red board GT complete, the CRT monitor is toast but the person I bought it from was using an old 13" monitor connected directly to the vga port coming off the voodoo card.  I bought a GBS-8200 in hopes that I could convert the CGA signal and play it on an LCD.  So far I've bought a VGA male to female cord to connect the voodoo card back to the motherboard (since the one it comes with was missing), I've spliced the video wires coming out of the JAMMA and connected them to the 8 pin connector that comes with the GBS-8200.  I've connected the GBS directly to a 12v adaptor that I plugged into the power strip inside the GT.  After all that I went into the GBS-8200 settings, changed to English and messed around with the H-Size and V-Size settings, changed the ClampST to 03 and ClampSP to 04.

This has gotten me pretty close but I'm getting shaking and some picture distortion.  Not sure what else to try at this point, I've heard people having various success with this setup, hoping it's something I can fix. 

I've attached some pictures below.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Golden Tee Complete CRT to LCD
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:47:54 pm »
you'll find another thread where I explain that the video output by golden tee games is not quite standard. the GBS8200 doesn't quite get close enough to the resolution output to sync properly...not an issue with CRT where you can just squash the picture to work...but an LCD needs an exact resolution in order to buffer the frame and send it to the display. golden tee outputs 25.7khz and the standard for EGA (medium) resolution of the GBS is 23.5 - 25.5khz

see my post here regarding the odd resolutions...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,129561.msg1325609.html#msg1325609

grosenberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2020, 03:52:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 03:52:54 pm »
Ok so that definitely explains the reason I can't get picture while in Medium resolution.  The picture that I'm showing above is definitely in low resolution.  Starting to lose a little faith, rather wouldn't pay 100's of dollars for a new CRT monitor.  I know I've seen completes with this setup, just wish someone had the exact formula.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 10:52:41 am »
I've had luck with benq brand LCD's syncing up okay to the golden tee resolution. it's been a while since i've had to convert one (we've since gotten rid of all our machines) but with the way consumer devices and stuff changing al the time has been going the last few years it might not still be the case.

alternatively, betson has some new LCD company goldfinger that looks like they make a pretty capable LVDS board taking in all kinds of resolutions and connections RGB VGA HDMI DVI etc... that may sync up 100%