Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jennifer has issues  (Read 75076 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Jennifer has issues
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2021, 10:49:14 am »
I suppose paint that makes things invisible would be expensive.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:51:13 am by Mike A »

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2021, 11:05:56 am »
This project has been in the works for years, not months...It has only recently been talked about, When you spay paint that is 100.00/Oz,  It needs to be done once, and with foresight...But you wouldn't know that, If you ever have built anything, you probably just stole the idea from Tully...😘

$100 an oz?
Gold paint?

You understand why many are skeptical... don't you?
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2021, 12:46:02 pm »
You have had literally nothing to contribute to the conception of this build, You actually even sound offended to even have to hear about the fact I am going to build it, This months mail pile is dedicated primarily to this build ..You want pics, You trained chimp?...Pound sand Pal, Build your own.

Which build?  This thread has been a rambling of like 8 different projects.  lol

You already showed us the pile of mail in post #327 and with the address on that mail I gotta call you Jackie now... :)

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2021, 01:19:18 pm »
Darn I was going to have fun calling you Worlock.  It was really blurry and almost unreadable.  I thought it said Jamestown NC but I guessed at the area code of 58431...nothing...then guessed 58401....Jamestown, ND....bingo.  When's the next party I'm sure we can just ask a cab driver who around here own's 100 arcade machines.. ;)

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2021, 01:34:34 pm »
I don't care what you buy or from who.  Don't get mad at me for looking at a photo you posted.  No wonder you are afraid to post pics...  By the way I had to download it to zoom in and look.  I see it accidentally got deleted if you need me to give you a backup.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2021, 01:47:32 pm »
Well I initially was just browsing through the thread to remember all the projects you had talked about because it was like a workbench, several arcade restores, a fluke 9010a, some Z80 pod thing, Star Wars cab, etc.  When I saw that photo it was just so hard to read it became a challenge.  I've got a famous Christmas light show so my address has been plastered all over the net.  My wife is always ripping off the name part of our packages but looking at that photo made me wonder if you can get someone's address by using a bar code scanner.  She is ripping off the printed address and leaving the bar code.  I bet someone can still scan it if they wanted.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2021, 01:52:48 pm »
Anyways Dean at Starizona is one of the most trustworthy men I've ever met.  It won't hurt me if you don't do business with him and I haven't talked to him for months because I got too busy with other projects.  I'm sure he would be safer than giving your CC number to a Chinese vendor.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2021, 02:00:04 pm »
I heard you had a Sundance cab hidden in there. ;)

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2021, 02:01:22 pm »
Here's the story if nobody gets that joke:
https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/06/03/cinematronics-sundance/

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2021, 06:16:16 pm »
I'm not sure anyone believes the cab exists to be curious about the paint being used.  I could build both sides with P5 panels that could play movies for less than that.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:18 pm »
You need to treat us like we are reading a children's book.  We a picture every so often to hold our interest.

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2021, 07:59:26 pm »
More insane rambling.

No pics.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2021, 01:15:28 am »
Here's the story if nobody gets that joke:
https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/06/03/cinematronics-sundance/

I had heard about this cabinet!
Never knew the whole story though, so thanks for that link Gilrock.

But other than that, and I truly am sorry Jennifer, this thread has become exhausting.
And I have been told on numerous occassions that I am fairly patient.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:52:37 pm
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2021, 02:44:09 am »
But other than that, and I truly am sorry Jennifer, this thread has become exhausting.
And I have been told on numerous occassions that I am fairly patient.

"Exhausting", yes a good word. Another good word is "toxic".
Check out my completed projects!

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2021, 11:08:48 pm »
Nobody believes you.

bobbyb13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2021, 03:07:34 am »
Nobody believes you.
After some thought...I dont think that's true, I think that's just you

Maybe saying NOBODY isn't accurate-

And bear in mind, I have no dog in this fight to begin with, still consider myself a noob, and have no interest in ruffling feathers anywhere, but...

Aren't pictures of projects posted here of benefit to the community as a whole and therefore a desirable thing?  Maybe even a necessary thing to consider oneself a real contributor to this community?

Stream of consciousness ideas are great seeds of course, but Kafka never built an arcade cabinet.

Jennifer, I don't doubt that you have numerous skills here, and one could think that maybe you don't post details of builds in process (including pictures) because you enjoy the resulting banter- but it too often becomes vitriol.

More sadly, and I don't know the entire history of it, but you may not recognize that you are the only one I ever see resorts to actually personally attacking anyone- with name calling and insults to other people's skills (or masculinity even.)

Any history or other details aside, it is still not behaviour befitting a princess.

I would prefer to see work I would be inspired by rather than an exhausting thread I would at this point prefer to see off my new replies list.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2021, 03:15:52 am »
Bobby, couple of memes to get you up to speed:

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2021, 09:49:18 am »
There was never a final pic of that cab. The only thing we saw was some pics of that back box. Show us pics of one of those ten thousand dollar cabs you sold. One pic.
Show us the preliminary drawings for this new twenty thousand dollar cab you are working on. Show us a pic on the one hundred cabs you own. Show us one pic of the two hundred cabs you used to own. It would be so easy to shut me up if you are telling the truth.
You obviously have skills and some of the stuff you say implies knowledge.
The problem is you make wild baseless claims.

Calling me names and saying dumb stuff about me that I easily counter with photographic and eye witness evidence does not help your case.

Just be honest about what you are really doing. Your are a negative to this community when you could easily be a positive with the stuff you know. Just stop the ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:57:02 am by Mike A »

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2021, 10:22:01 am »
I showed dozens of pics. Forum members have been to my house.
I have done work for forum members.
It is mostly documented here.

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2021, 10:22:31 am »
I have never built a Tully. Where are you getting that from?

You have some serious issues you need to work through.

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2021, 10:27:23 am »
Look for my Konami 4 player build.
I pics of it all over the forum. People play it every week.
There are forum members who played it.
I am still waiting for my custom artwork. The artist has been very busy. So I have a temporary control panel on it so people can use it while I am waiting for the art package to come.

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2021, 10:29:45 am »
I think Jennifer needs a timeout from the mods until she stops lying about me. Unless she can show me where I built a Tully. Or prove her crazy theory that I don't post pics of my work. This has gone on long enough.

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2021, 10:31:08 am »
Jennifer is now insulting people that don't do their own artwork for a cab. I believe that cover more than a few people here.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2021, 12:31:38 pm »
I think Jennifer needs a timeout from the mods until she stops lying about me. Unless she can show me where I built a Tully. Or prove her crazy theory that I don't post pics of my work. This has gone on long enough.
When newer members like Bobby can tactfully point out that she attacks people personally all the time, and she responds by attacking him, and in another thread a mod jumped into a conversation and actively defended her, yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Mike, I’d suggest just leaving this thread. Obviously she’s not going to post any photos, as easy as it would it would be, so this back-and-forth is just becoming tiresome and a waste of everyone’s time. You got better things to do with your time, I want to see that Star Trek captains chair in it’s full glory. Plus, don’t you need to learn how to go weld?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Mike A

• Online Online
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2021, 12:36:29 pm »
I left the forum for an extended period and she continued to ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- talk me. I am tired of it.
She wrecks the credibility of this place with her wild claims.
She should not be allowed to slander or libel, whichever applies, another forum member repeatedly. If her criticisms were truthful I would not care.

bobbyb13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2021, 12:56:03 pm »
When newer members like Bobby can tactfully point out that she attacks people personally all the time, and she responds by attacking him, and in another thread a mod jumped into a conversation and actively defended her, yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Mike, I’d suggest just leaving this thread. Obviously she’s not going to post any photos, as easy as it would it would be, so this back-and-forth is just becoming tiresome and a waste of everyone’s time. You got better things to do with your time, I want to see that Star Trek captains chair in it’s full glory. Plus, don’t you need to learn how to go weld?

Um, yeah.

Appreciate that yotsuya.

I'm checking out of Jennifer's threads.
Look forward to seeing everybody else elsewhere though!

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2021, 01:20:52 pm »
We are only missing out if you don't show up your work. :)

It's just too pricey for me to use on an arcade machine.  It would be fun to put on a car and control it with my Christmas light show.  I have a EE degree so I understand the concept.  And it is interesting enough I looked it up here:
https://support.lumilor.com/en/article/busbar-application

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Jennifer has issues
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2021, 06:21:56 pm »
While standing at the welder supply, buying stuff Mike has probably never even seen...I have come to the conclusion a build thread of this nature would serve little purpose at the BYOAC, and Jenn won't be doing it here...Sorry to those who tried to help.
That’s silly, I know I was inspired to tackle painting and restoration by some of the posts that people before me made whose skill sets were way greater than mine at the time. I personally learned a lot from Spyridon’s threads in particular.

If you’re showing us stuff we’ve never done, don’t you think that would pique curiosity and maybe, just maybe, get other people interested in learning the skill set? I wouldn’t be able to paint, woodwork, burn ROMs, etc if people before me didn’t document it and show how doable it really was. Hell, when I came to this site I was totally prepared to buy an X-Arcade Tankstick because I thought I could not do control panel wiring. It’s second nature now.

I mean, if you don’t wanna document it, just say so. If you don’t want to share it, then don’t. Stop teasing it.

And stop bringing up Mike. Otherwise you do have issues.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:23:59 pm by yotsuya »

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2021, 03:44:14 am »
Well finally I got it down to the 10k mark, which wasn't easy since this is a three piece cab...Although that diddnt come without sacrifice, The Star Wars had a 25" monitor, so rather than the 27" I will just keep it simple...But great news on that front, Jenn has secured a color XY kit, and the experimental factor is out the window since that will drive a smaller tube just fine, (quite exciting), all I have to do basically is spin a new yoke...The templates/prints are in at 1.1k, not happy about that but it is what it is, And the wing struts may be eliminated, still thinking on that...Epoxy ordered, Probibally start in a couple weeks or so.

Start a new thread when you do   :pics  Will follow closely :D

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2021, 02:04:13 pm »
Did I miss something?

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2021, 03:44:44 pm »
$10k already sounds pretty expensive to me

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2021, 05:41:14 pm »
Or even build for $500 and sell for $10k   :cheers:

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2021, 02:46:59 am »
...Just ordered materials for the resin infusion (red Kevlar, ...

Are you making it non-stickslip or bulletproof?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:58:49 am by Zebidee »

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2021, 03:01:20 am »
Red Kevlar is a special order very specific color with a 500ft min order, but I got really lucky and got 5 yards.

In my best Texas Ranger accent "Looks like the end of the roll for you, Lady!"

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2021, 11:41:58 pm »
Thanks for all your updates Jenn. As usual you have am attention rivetted.

Size does matter, so I'm making a minicab for my wife who is only 140cm tall. Unsure whether to base the art on Puzzle Bobble, Tetris or Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon. Hmmm.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:51 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2021, 03:46:40 pm »
Hey Jen Jen, since you seem to be particularly knowledgeable about paints and whatnot. I have a painting project I'm halfway in and could use some expertise.

I have some damaged aluminum car wheels that had some minor cosmetic damage. Factory, they come painted... overtop of what seems to be a fairly thick plastic coating to help smooth things out. (It definitely plastic cause if you burn the material that comes off it, it smells like  ABS plastic)

Anywho, I sanded up one of the wheels and smoothed it out as a tester, sprayed it with a rattlecan primer and while it was setting up I read the directions to see how long to wait and whatnot and found out I chose an oil based primer. My final color will be a acrilic based paint.

So, my question is... Oil based should stick okay to this weird plastic stuff (I didn't have any fisheye happen in area where I sanded through the paint to the plastic... so I'm guessing it sticks okay to the weird plastic) but I'm worked about it peeling off later.

And also, my color coat is an "acrylic enamel" paint. How is this going to stick to the primer? Most of the stuff I can find online are sketch.

I assume since it's a plastic based paint, and the primer seems to stick to the weird plastic okay, I assume it should take.

Just don't want to get elbow deep in a horse to find out I'm supposed to be elbow deep in a cow.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2021, 10:16:19 pm »
Rule of the painting jungle is oil over acrylic OK. Acrylic over oil NO NO.

I once cleaned bathroom in a rental flat and the paint came straight off (sponge and soapy water!). When I moved out not long after, landlord tried to sting my bond for the paint in the bathroom. I just said to him "You painted acrylic over oil - NO NO. Gimme my money back".

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2021, 11:21:48 am »
Yeah I've decided to resand it again. I don't want to have to do this again. At least I'm only one wheel in.

I'll pick up a different primer to use. the company that makes the color paint says their color paint can be applied over lacquer just fine....so I dunno.

I'll see if I can find one of those adhesion promoter primers. That should be able to cover all the bases and still have paint compatibility.

I'll shoot some pics and turd up the thread for old times sake/bad reminders of doing wheel work once I get these tires dismounted.

It's no 1970 TA but I still like my car to look good and not looking like all those tards driving around with half flaked off matte black wheels.

I wanged a monster pothole a long while back and taco'd the edge of a wheel (completely unrepairable, but still held air.) Dodge wanted over 1000 canuckstani kopeks for a replacement special order wheel so I said let'er buck, it'll either kill me or be okay. 

I recently had been given 2 wheels of the same type with some minor cosmetic scrapes after a friend with the same car boned a barricade in the wintertime and insurance bought him 4 new ones, (they discontinued the car in 2017 and that style is now NLA) so I'll clean these up since they only have minor curb rash and give them a shot of paint and I'll be good as new.

Thanks for the info folks

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2021, 05:44:42 pm »
Cool, I might not have to sand too much then...I grabbed a jug of thinner and I'll have at it over the weekend here.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2021, 08:32:37 pm »
Got a plan, or are you going to just eyeball-and-thumb it all?