Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jennifer has issues  (Read 75059 times)

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
Re: Jennifer has issues
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2021, 11:00:09 pm »

100% agree. I would vote for both of you for president! I think we jump to hate too quickly.

Vote 1 for Vigo.

Two nominations in one day. Thanks guys!  :)  :cheers:

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2021, 11:01:43 pm »
In the morning I’m going to lock this thread. Going to bed shortly - please be kind to one another. This is an extremely sensitive and personal topic to many people.

Thank you everyone. 

--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Ond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2021, 11:06:37 pm »
Like I said "Vigo the cool headed".

Just because I haven't signed into the forum doesn't mean I haven't been reading it.

I'm sure Jenn is dancing a demented dance at all the fuss.  So to be very clear opt2not, I don't take kindly to be told to get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---, especially not on a hasty hot headed completely incorrect assumption.  Different opinions are what make the forum an interesting place.  Racism in ANY form is abhorrent and unacceptable to me.  Again to be explicitly clear, the repugnant reaction I had in regards to one of Jenn's posts in her Skateboarding thread WAS about her apparent prejudice.  Before you tell me to get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---, maybe just ask?

Reactionary insulting posts are what they are.

Have I been clear enough? 

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2021, 11:11:06 pm »

100% agree. I would vote for both of you for president! I think we jump to hate too quickly.

Vote 1 for Vigo.

Two nominations in one day. Thanks guys!  :)  :cheers:
If Vigo is made a Mod, I will burn this place to the ground. Not another Packers fan.    :banghead:

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2021, 11:14:10 pm »
  ;D

I promise to leave robot-assface's thread unlocked so you can continue to call him out every year. Does that make a difference?

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2021, 11:15:51 pm »
  ;D

I promise to leave robot-assface's thread unlocked so you can continue to call him out every year. Does that make a difference?
Vigo for Mod! Let's do this thing.  :cheers:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2021, 11:16:03 pm »
Vigo, with respect, that’s not the impression I got. Jenn was not expressing anger after being called out.  Jenn was justifying the statement by saying “it came from a lab in China, what should I call it?” (Which there is no evidence of that being so anyway).  Then later she doubled down again by saying “that’s what they call it on the news”.
Yeah, maybe Fox News.

Look, I’m going to be more blunt here. If you haven’t experienced racism directed towards your heritage/ethnicity you don’t really know what you’re talking about. I’ve had the brunt of two fronts, my white side of the family making fun of me for being the little Chinese mutt, slant eyed kid. And my Chinese side that has called me White Boy or Ghost Child. Not being accepted by either side. No wonder I’m estranged from them all.
Perhaps you might think these terms are benign, but to reciprocate even the slightest most subtle prejudicious remark against your heritage or ethnicity, even if you are a child or adult...it feels fairly awful. We should be better than this by now. It’s 20-fricken-21.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2021, 11:33:08 pm »
She/He didn’t add value to the forum

She/He?  What the heck?

The jury is still out on that.

How is this comment better than her racist comments?
Huh? Being unclear what pronoun to use for Jenn is not the same or worst than racism. There’s a few of us who believe Jenn is X2’s alt account. There were inconsistencies with Jenn’s posts that lead us to believe her whole shtick was an act.

How exactly is that confusing to you?

I took your comments to be a purposeful mis-gendering of Jennifer. It just struck me as hypocritical from someone accusing another person of racism. If that wasn't your intent then I misunderstood you.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #408 on: April 24, 2021, 11:36:36 pm »
Have I been clear enough, is the real question. I said if you’re defending racism or racist people you can get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---.
Since you’ve said you are fully against racism, then surely you were not defending Jenn for it.
So don’t get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---. Ok?

You know what, it doesn’t even matter.  I’ve decided to put you on ignore anyway. I’m not looking to continue a “debate” on who is, or how to not be a ---smurfy--- human. Your attitude around this whole issue doesn’t agree with me and has tainted my view of you. It’s a shame, we’ve drank beers together IRL, I thought you were cooler than this. But I just don’t want to engage anymore. If you didn’t think a ban was just, that’s fine. I thought it Jenn had it coming for a long time. It is what it is. I’m done. 

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #409 on: April 24, 2021, 11:41:49 pm »
Look, I’m going to be more blunt here. If you haven’t experienced racism directed towards your heritage/ethnicity you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

I'm not going to discount your point of view or what you have gone through. I am sure you had your share and I know if is not always that easy, but I don't know what I am talking about? Bryan, we are friends on Facebook. You can pop on my page and see I have 3 kids in the same situation as you. I assure you, I know what I am talking about.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 11:59:02 pm by Vigo »

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2021, 11:49:55 pm »
Have I been clear enough, is the real question. I said if you’re defending racism or racist people you can get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---.
Since you’ve said you are fully against racism, then surely you were not defending Jenn for it.

You know what, it doesn’t even matter.  I’ve decided to put you on ignore anyway. I’m not looking to continue a “debate” on who is, or how to not be a ---smurfy--- human. Your attitude around this whole issue doesn’t agree with me and has tainted my view of you. It’s a shame, we’ve drank beers together IRL, I thought you were cooler than this. But I just don’t want to engage anymore. If you didn’t think a ban was just, that’s fine. I thought it Jenn had it coming for a long time. It is what it is. I’m done.

Sounds like a good solution. I'll put you on ignore as well and we can get on with enjoying the forum again.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #411 on: April 25, 2021, 12:08:36 am »

Sounds like a good solution. I'll put you on ignore as well and we can get on with enjoying the forum again.

I get you Opt2not - but this is not the way. You're allowing yourself to be over-sensitive because of how close this subject hits home for you. You shouldn't refuse other peoples opinions simply because they don't have the same level of experience as you. No one, even others who share the same genetic makeup, will not have the same experience as you.

But more importantly, you two have no business being at odds to the point you are willing to walk away from each other. You're cool dudes. Maybe avoid the discussion till it's ready to be discussed with cooler heads? Maybe focus on the other things you have in common? Maybe sleep on it and think about it again tomorrow.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
« Reply #412 on: April 25, 2021, 12:27:57 am »
Lew's right.

You both have valid arguments, reasons for seeing things the ways that you do. But stop pouring your emotional selves into it. Let it be.

In the end Jenn got banned not because of the racist comment, but because of being stubborn and telling everyone to get ---fouled up beyond all recognition---. Don't be like her.

Check out my completed projects!

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #413 on: April 25, 2021, 12:37:34 am »
In before the lock

:cheers:

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #414 on: April 25, 2021, 12:48:50 am »
I don't want to be in your bad books Jim, I have been either directly or indirectly critical of you lately.  Some of your pbj comments annoy me yes, but I have to remember you're basically a good dude here.  So, sorry if was abrupt.  And no, I'm not kissing.  :-\