Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best sticks for Robotron (2020 edition)  (Read 14624 times)

Thraug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 12:44:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Best sticks for Robotron (2020 edition)
« on: October 24, 2020, 04:20:03 pm »
What's considered the "best" joystick for Robotron, when used in a JROK WilliamsMultigame JAMMA PCB? I read countless threads and came up with these for suggestions, but most posts are MANY years old and it seems many of these sticks are no longer produced.

My preferences:
  • New stick (no old used sticks).
  • Something durable I don't have to maintain often.
  • Preferably one I don't have to take apart and mod just to use.
  • Must have option for round gate restrictor

Sticks suggested by other posts:

If I get a stick that has leaf switches and grommets, will I have to tweak the leafs and replace parts often? That's something I'd like to avoid.

EDITED: Added more links. Edited out #7, it was a duplicate.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:07:22 am by Thraug »

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
Re: Best sticks for Robotron (2020 edition)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:55:02 am »
8 - if you cant find a set of the refurbished original sticks..

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 10:08:25 am »
8 - if you cant find a set of the refurbished original sticks..

Have you used these in a Robotron, and if so, what else have you compared them to? Thanks.

thomashenry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 03:55:21 am
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 11:23:35 am »
My thoughts on this....

If you are going down the JROK route, it means you really care about athenticity. Otherwise you'd be using a raspberry pi with mame or whatever. If you really care about authenticity, then New-Old-Stick Wico sticks are the way to go. They are still available. Really great sticks. I've played Robotron using X-arcade, Sanwa JLWs, and Wicos, and there's no comparison. In fact, the Wico is my favourite joystick for anything other than fighting games.

Don't let notions of maintenance put you off. This is WAYYYY overblown in people's minds in my experience. I tweaked mine to my liking when I built my cab, and haven't needed to do anything to them since.

If you can't get NOS Wico's I would imagine the Dominux are probably just as good, although I've not tried them.

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 03:05:52 pm »
My thoughts on this....

If you are going down the JROK route, it means you really care about athenticity. Otherwise you'd be using a raspberry pi with mame or whatever. If you really care about authenticity, then New-Old-Stick Wico sticks are the way to go. They are still available. Really great sticks. I've played Robotron using X-arcade, Sanwa JLWs, and Wicos, and there's no comparison. In fact, the Wico is my favourite joystick for anything other than fighting games.

Don't let notions of maintenance put you off. This is WAYYYY overblown in people's minds in my experience. I tweaked mine to my liking when I built my cab, and haven't needed to do anything to them since.

If you can't get NOS Wico's I would imagine the Dominux are probably just as good, although I've not tried them.

I assume you meant "New-Old-Stock"? I'm pretty new to all of this so I'm not familiar with every acronym. Would either of these two Wico sticks that I posted above meet your Wico recommendation criteria? These:

- Wico Red 8-Way Ball 4" Handle Leaf Joystick
      This looks like a new reproduction of the stick you suggested?

- WICO Perfect 360 Joystick:
      Doesn't seem to be made anymore

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 05:30:21 pm »
I tried the Dominux8. And as a 10-million point Robotron Player, I could not break 2mill with those sticks. They didn’t feel as solid as the original Wico’s. They have a lighter action and the construction of them feels less heavy-duty.

If you can, get original Wico’s. If you need to do a bit of restoration on old ones, so be it. You won’t be satisfied with anything else if you’re a serious Robotron player.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 07:51:30 pm »
Listen to this guy ^^.  I’ve watched him in person score over 10million, so whatever he says I’d take as gospel.  You can buy an older Wico, the only thing that really breaks down is the grommet and you can get replacements at Arcade Shop.com.

I’ve heard the repros (that you linked to above) are good as well, depends on how authentic you want to be.

thomashenry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 04:30:43 am »
My thoughts on this....

I assume you meant "New-Old-Stock"? I'm pretty new to all of this so I'm not familiar with every acronym. Would either of these two Wico sticks that I posted above meet your Wico recommendation criteria? These:

- Wico Red 8-Way Ball 4" Handle Leaf Joystick
      This looks like a new reproduction of the stick you suggested?

- WICO Perfect 360 Joystick:
      Doesn't seem to be made anymore

Yes, new old stock. The reproduction ones you've linked too might be good, personally I have no experience or knowledge of them. Here are some originals:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WICO-JOYSTICK-Genuine-Arcade-Video-Game-Controller-8-way-NEW-IN-BOX-OEM/222882833283?hash=item33e4da2383:g:4-cAAOSwIJlaGLW7

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 07:33:01 pm »
I tried the Dominux8. And as a 10-million point Robotron Player, I could not break 2mill with those sticks. They didn’t feel as solid as the original Wico’s. They have a lighter action and the construction of them feels less heavy-duty.

If you can, get original Wico’s. If you need to do a bit of restoration on old ones, so be it. You won’t be satisfied with anything else if you’re a serious Robotron player.

Any comment on how these reproduction Wico's compare to the NOS ones?
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1489/wico-3.5-red-ball-handle-joystick.htm

Thanks, and I am a "serious" player, or plan on being one.  It's by far my favorite game and I believe I'll play it almost every day. I played it often when it came out, .. along time ago, in an arcade far far away...

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 07:53:21 pm »

Any comment on how these reproduction Wico's compare to the NOS ones?
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1489/wico-3.5-red-ball-handle-joystick.htm
No clue, I haven't bought any repro Wico's before.  But these are the shorter shaft version, you'll want 4" wico's for Robotron.  You could buy these and try to find 4" shaft reproductions, I know they're out there, but honestly, the best thing to do is try to find original ones. Even if you have to restore them a bit, you can easily do so with new grommets and leaf switches.

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 08:23:00 pm »
I read some posts from "experts" saying a shorter stick is better for Robotron, due to less throw. Any comments on that? I read the original game has a measure of 2.3" from top of panel to top of ball. Will a 4" shaft result in this same measurement? I suppose the thickness of the control panel impacts this. I'm putting it in a Arcade1Up cabinet, for now at least.

Thank you, so far I'm leaning towards NOS Wicos.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 08:46:10 pm »
Arcadeshop also sells 4” versions:

https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1490/wico-4-red-ball-handle-joystick.htm

The difference in shaft height effects the leverage at the fulcrum point.  A longer shaft will make it easier to move than a shorter.  Mounting height and panel thickness will effect the exposed height but that’s not what the longer shaft length is for, it’s for the feel.

As I mentioned before Opt2not is a legit player, it sounds like he is endorsing original sticks (4” height), if it were me I’d go with his recommendation.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48:46 pm »
Oh, didn't know you were throwing it into those crappy Arcade 1ups.  eeks!  You're going to be tossing that little pulpwood cabinet around with the intense Robotron play.

What's the thickness of those CP's?
Yes, the original cabinets the 4" joys were installed into 3/4" wood panels. Shorter shafts don't give you less throw though. The angle of the pivot point on the shaft with the extra height makes the shaft actuate the switches more quickly than shorter throw shafts.
Also, you'll want good clearance from the CP so you are not scraping your hands against it. The taller shafts help with that.

edit:  Arroyo nailed the explanation a lot more precisely than me.  :cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 11:19:13 pm »
I don't see how an a1up would survive a good game of robotron. 

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 06:54:45 am »
Rubber feet and a heavy weight in the base? Not saying that will help a 1up cabinet survive the knocking around, but I did that to my old vigolixes, and it stabilized them pretty well. Vigolix is designed to be much tougher construction, though. I would think the screw and dowel construction of a 1up would need some reinforcement.

Cynicaster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2021, 12:12:55 pm
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 11:12:46 am »
I bought a pair of Dominux8s for a general-purpose multi-game MAME cabinet but I definitely was interested in suitability for Robotron, specifically.

I'm a 750k Robotron player on my best day so not really an authority of any kind on that game, but there have been a few times I have spent time playing original Wicos on a real cabinet, followed by coming home and immediately trying my setup, to get a bit of an A/B comparison on the joysticks.  The most conspicuous difference in these trials, for me, was that the original sticks seemed to have a noticeably shorter throw before they hit a stop.  The originals also might have a bit more firmness in the centering spring, but then again, I've played other cabinets where they were really loosey-goosey, so it probably depends on the condition/age of the grommet. 

For what it's worth, my D8's have been pretty solid and consistent for 4-5 years now.  You definitely have to spend some time to tweak the leaf switches to your liking but once I did that, it's been largely set-it-and-forget-it. 

Regarding original Wico vs. Dominux 8, personally, I'd not call either stick "better;" they're just a bit different, and you're likely to find some players who prefer one, and some players who prefer the other, just like anything else.  Of course, it goes without saying that if purism is important you can't beat original hardware.  But if, like me, you want an excellent leaf switch stick with buttery smooth circular restriction that plays a great game of Robotron but also does well on hundreds of other games on a general-purpose cabinet, you can't go wrong with the D8's, IMO.       

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 07:25:09 pm »
Is getting reproduction Wico joysticks as good as finding New-Old-Stock Wico sticks? These are the reproductions I'm considering: Wico Red 8-Way Ball 4" Handle Leaf Joystick (https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1490/wico-4-red-ball-handle-joystick.htm).

If not, what's not as good about them?

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 01:25:13 pm »
The Dominux8™ Premium Leaf-Switch Joystick is the best joystick for playing Robotron that I have tried so far.
You clearly haven't tried the original Wico's.

Is getting reproduction Wico joysticks as good as finding New-Old-Stock Wico sticks? These are the reproductions I'm considering: Wico Red 8-Way Ball 4" Handle Leaf Joystick (https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1490/wico-4-red-ball-handle-joystick.htm).

If not, what's not as good about them?
With any reproduction hardware, you won't be getting 100% the quality of the originals. That said, it sounds like you're not really interested in getting originals to fix-up, so you might as well try out the repros.

I'm done with this thread. seems that you have your choices laid-out for you, it's up to you what you get.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:57:30 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:48 pm »
You might want to remove your foot from your mouth and your head from your ass.

Opt has a Robotron cab in his house, where he Twitch streams weekly arcade stuff. Including scoring 10 million on Robotron which is more than twice your high score.

Oh and then there is is day job, creating video games.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:53:20 pm by Mike A »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »
You keep talking about how old you are. Are we supposed to be impressed that you managed to not die for 65 years in a row?

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 04:46:55 pm »
You might want to remove your foot from your mouth and your head from your ass.

Opt has a Robotron cab in his house, where he Twitch streams weekly arcade stuff. Including scoring 10 million on Robotron which is more than twice your high score.

Oh and then there is is day job, creating video games.
:cheers:
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

You clearly are what, a millenial who has no real arcade experience with the wico because your probably weren't even born then? I'm 65 years old and have seen more that your intenet, social media, cell phone mind will ever psuedo experience. You are an echo of read it, heard it, know it. I've got original Wico's and the Dominux8 side by side in a Robotron cabinet and every time I ask a non biased, non fanboy/girl which stick they prefer, without their knowledge of which is which, have always chosen the Dominux8. Go figure. I guess you, as an advanced player have some sort of esoteric knowledge that we mear mortals do not possess.
Man, I'd be ashamed at 65 if I were going around small community forums swinging my dick around trying to impress people with my age and popping-off at the drop of any disagreement.

You're new to this forum, it doesn't matter if you're 30, 65 or 100 years old. Age has no meaning here. No one knows who you are, and you have contributed jack and ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- to this forum.  Here's a little piece of advice: try interacting with people with less of a chip on your shoulder, people might actually take you seriously.

This is a small community, a lot of us know each other and have hung-out in real life. We talk on a daily basis outside of the forum and have been to multiple arcade conventions together, playing games with each other, etc... people know who I am and what i've contributed to this forum. I've helped many people here with their projects through design ideas, art commissions, hardware choices, the list goes on. You're a noobie trying to establish some kind of dominence through age-dropping.

And to solve your ignorance, I'm a Gen-Xer that grew-up in the arcades. First-hand knowledge. I've own and have owned multiple original machines, restored them, built them, stream from them...etc. A lot of my projects are posted here. My experience is full and rich and is rooted in the arcade scene. Not to mention I also make video games today as my profession (21 years and still going), so I have a much deeper understanding of game design and choices that you would ever know.

Try reading more of this forum, get to know people better, rather than being antagonistic at the drop of a dime. You will save yourself embarassment, like that time you told RandyT where to buy a GroovyGameGear Super 4-way restrictor. :lol that was pretty hilarious.

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 09:46:24 pm »
Didn't know Ark's father had an account here.

good day.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 10:44:59 pm »
Well I guess senility can kick in at 65.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 02:04:19 am »
We don't go by age here.... if anything we go by post count (and seldom do we do that).  Notice that big beefy 5k opt has there.... that means he's at least been engaged with the community for some time.  Here you go... feel free to feel embarrassed for questioning his ability and knowledge on the subject:

http://www.twitch.tv/videos/729325095

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2020, 04:46:37 am »
At least we got him to think about taking a shower. That is progress.

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2020, 07:14:06 am »
My favorite part is that his holy outrage was met with a collective "meh".

jimmer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 06:03:11 pm
  • I want to play Defender like at the arcade.
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2020, 09:42:03 am »

edit: Removed my suggestion of PAS Magenta with OttoDiy grommet modification and circular gate from eg Buttercade

reason: I haven't tried the Magenta still ( it's been out of stock). I have tried the Otto grommet mod on a pair of JLFs and a grommet failed within a week, it's just one data point but enough to curb my enthusiasm.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:44:18 pm by jimmer »
On forums jimmer speaks for himself as a Defender fan, not as proprietor of www.jbgaming.co.uk  << Is that advertising or disclosure ? or both ?

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:25 am »
Is this the same guy who blew up a few months ago over a YouTube video about an arcade?

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2020, 10:44:36 am »
You clearly are what, a millenial who has no real arcade experience with the wico because your probably weren't even born then? I'm 65 years old and have seen more that your intenet, social media, cell phone mind will ever psuedo experience. You are an echo of read it, heard it, know it. I've got original Wico's and the Dominux8 side by side in a Robotron cabinet and every time I ask a non biased, non fanboy/girl which stick they prefer, without their knowledge of which is which, have always chosen the Dominux8. Go figure. I guess you, as an advanced player have some sort of esoteric knowledge that we mear mortals do not possess.

The ill-placed commas in this comment make me almost forget what the point was.

Opt is a good guy. He puts my gaming skills to shame. I have seen him dominate on many games, and Robotron is easily his top specialty. You don't have to agree with his takes, but don't discount it as uninformed.

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2020, 10:59:27 am »
Yikes, what happened to poor little thread?  :o   Sorry for the mess folks, I didn't mean for it go sideways.

Anyways, lots of good information here, thanks. I think I'll start with tracking down some NOS Wicos and see how they feel on my reinforced Aracade1Up cabinet and go from there.

opt2not, I think I found your twitch and youtubes channels. Gillaxian? I plan on watching any Robotron videos you have posted. Thanks.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 11:18:37 am »
Tune in to his stream live too. A few of us chat there. it is entertaining.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 01:57:56 pm »
Thanks for the kinds words,friends!
I think I'm due for another Robotron stream. Maybe in the next couple weeks or so.

Yikes, what happened to poor little thread?  :o   Sorry for the mess folks, I didn't mean for it go sideways.

Anyways, lots of good information here, thanks. I think I'll start with tracking down some NOS Wicos and see how they feel on my reinforced Aracade1Up cabinet and go from there.

opt2not, I think I found your twitch and youtubes channels. Gillaxian? I plan on watching any Robotron videos you have posted. Thanks.
Sorry about your thread.  That guy has some serious social problems, but by the looks of his whining on that other forum, he's not coming back here. Thank goodness. We don't need idiots like him coming in hot and firing shots at people for disagreements. It's fine to disagree with someone, but once you start acting like an ---uvula--- towards them the conversation breaks down into mud slinging.

Yeah I'm Gillaxian on the youtubes and twitch.  I've streamed Robotron a couple times now, and the video link that Howard posted above has some more informative details on the gameplay.

Drop by the channel on Thursdays at 6pm PST, if you're interested, I stream from my cabinets using mainly real PCB's. It's a fun little past-time while the world is in chaos right now.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 02:02:45 pm »
You accumulate points on Twitch when you watch live streams. If we accumulate enough points we can make Gillaxian drink until he throws up. It adds another dimension to the event.

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 03:05:14 pm »

Yeah I'm Gillaxian on the youtubes and twitch.  I've streamed Robotron a couple times now, and the video link that Howard posted above has some more informative details on the gameplay.

I watched some of your 5 hour marathon game on YouTube. When I played the original arcade game when it first came out I was able to play endlessly (on L1?), until they increased the difficulty level to something very high; not sure if it was L10. After 35+ years since playing on a real cabinet, I recently played quite a bit on a Williams 19-in-1 and Robotron was ... very wonky! Enforcer shots seemed extremely fast, and after ~10 levels the game suffered from massive slowdowns. Yet, I still played it because it's all I had. I think I maxed out at ~650k points, and lost interest due to the jerkiness of the gameplay at higher levels. Some questions:
  • What level did you have it set to in the YouTube video?
  • I read Robotron on the non-JROK Williams 19-1 PCBs can get very slow and chunky, and enforcer shots fire at 5x speed. I think you stated your board was a JROK. Have you seen any of these issues? I read somewhere the JROK PCB doesn't suffer from the issues I mentioned. I have yet to plug mine in.
  • Do top players comparing high scores generally play on L10?
  • Anyone have a Robotron CPO template file?
  • Related: Anyone know the distance between sticks on the original arcade? I haven't been able to find this info and need to send the guy making my CP a button/joystick hole layout.
  • Related: What diameter holes should be cut into the CP for this Wico joystick? I was planning on specifying 1.2" diameter. Is that correct?

I just ordered 2 NOS Wicos from that UK vendor posted above, and ordered some new grommets from the link posted above. It'll be a while before I get this cabinet operational but I'm looking forward to it!

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »
I had it set to the Default Settings.
Difficulty:  5
Starting men:  3
Bonus men:  every 25,000

• I read Robotron on the non-JROK Williams 19-1 PCBs can get very slow and chunky, and enforcer shots fire at 5x speed. I think you stated your board was a JROK. Have you seen any of these issues? I read somewhere the JROK PCB doesn't suffer from the issues I mentioned. I have yet to plug mine in.
The JROK is a perfect reproduction of the original boards using FPGA hardware. The 19-1 PCB's are cheap emulation boards running older versions of Mame. That's why those boards have game issues.

Not really. World records are recorded on Default settings.  Mainly in tournament play do people play on Difficulty 10.

• Related: Anyone know the distance between sticks on the original arcade? I haven't been able to find this info and need to send the guy making my CP a button/joystick hole layout.
From the center of each shaft it's exactly 9 inches apart.

• Related: What diameter holes should be cut into the CP for this Wico joystick? I was planning on specifying 1.2" diameter. Is that correct?
1 1/8" , standard button size will be fine.

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:21:35 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 05:52:44 pm »
I think I'm due for another Robotron stream.

I missed your LIFEFORCE Stream. I just watched the clip.

If Opt2not says that WICO 8-Way with 4" sticks are the best, it's the best plus he got Williams to back that up.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

thomashenry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2020, 05:39:05 am »
I had it set to the Default Settings.
Difficulty:  5
Starting men:  3
Bonus men:  every 25,000

The JROK is a perfect reproduction of the original boards using FPGA hardware. The 19-1 PCB's are cheap emulation boards running older versions of Mame. That's why those boards have game issues.

Not really. World records are recorded on Default settings.  Mainly in tournament play do people play on Difficulty 10.

From the center of each shaft it's exactly 9 inches apart.

1 1/8" , standard button size will be fine.

Thought the sticks were 10" apart? Maybe it's 9" on the cabaret cabinet?

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2020, 09:07:47 am »
Yep I build a Robotron and its 10" between the sticks on the full size cab.  The artwork for it from ArcadeShop is also 10".

Thraug

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2020, 10:23:51 am »
Is that 10" apart from center of hole to center of hole, or the space between the two inner edges of the 1.2" diameter holes?