Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jama 60-1 Multicade upright cabinet.  (Read 2514 times)

pcresqswmr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2021, 04:11:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Jama 60-1 Multicade upright cabinet.
« on: October 23, 2020, 09:00:31 am »
I was given this system. Powers on and cycles through displays. No controls will function. I have read the posts similar and I have checked my grounds from the board to each control as well as undid all connections in between and verified continuity. I have tried using quarters to no success. Previous owner states "was working and after moving to different part of the house all the controls died." I can find no damage and have no schematics or op instructuons for switches incase they moved them around. Second problem is the sound pot only has one viable point. I will replace but want to make sure I am using the correct one. I would greatly appreciate help as I haven't done this stuff in 25 years! Lol

alfonzotan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
    • The Cab With No Name
Re: Jama 60-1 Multicade upright cabinet.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 02:46:20 pm »
Given that the whole control panel isn't working, I'd suspect the common ground wire is the problem, but it sounds like you checked that.  Make sure the ground connector pin at the JAMMA board is making contact, probably a good idea to clean all the fingers on the board with a fiberglass pen and hit them with contact cleaner, see if that clears it up. 

Beyond that, verify that you're getting 5v from the power supply to the board.  If that's good and you have continuity from the control panel switches to the edge connector, the simplest thing would be just to spring for a new ~$35 60-in-1 board.  I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting one of those boards when a replacement is easy and cheap.

If the power supply isn't putting out a steady 5v, replace that.

pcresqswmr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 08:43:38 am »
Thank you. I will update what I find so others may use info.

pcresqswmr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 08:20:12 pm »
Hello all and hope you enjoyed a Merry Christmas.
 I have replaced the 60-1 board as well as the power supply with no change to not having any controls work in any way. I have checked all grounds individually and all junction connectors. No issues.
I only have 3.3 volts coming off the Jamma boards to the controls. What are the required voltages for joystick and button operation? I can not find a single schematic that details individual line properties. This system is too simple to have this kind of a problem.
 Really could use some help as I haven't troubleshot in 20+years but can't be this bad. Lol.