Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver Setup doesn't find my ATI Radeon HD 5450  (Read 2109 times)

MarkOZLAD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2021, 09:26:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT Emudriver Setup doesn't find my ATI Radeon HD 5450
« on: October 18, 2020, 09:00:12 pm »
Ok,  so bit of a saga.

Windows 10, ATI Radeon HD 5450, HP SFF Core 2 Duo 5400.

I had it set up at one stage.  CRT Emudriver had found the card and installed.  It was getting late that evening so I left the PC on and plugged into the network (silly me!!)

When I got back to the PC the next day it was boot looping with BSODs. To get the PC up and running again I had to remove the AMD card and return to using the onboard video.  I then completely removed the AMD drivers using the AMD display driver cleaner utility.

No it seems there's something in my config that is preventing CRT Emudriver Setup program from finding my AMD Radeon HD 5450.  There are never any devices listed in the box when I run CRT Emudriver Setup.  If I try and manually install the driver from Driver Update/Have Disk/Show List I cannot find anything for the AMD Radeon HD 5450 in the list.

I've given up bashing my head against a brick wall.  I know I could possibly reinstall Windows but that's a massive pain.

Any help appreciated.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: CRT Emudriver Setup doesn't find my ATI Radeon HD 5450
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:14:16 am »
Prepare yourself to start fresh is my advice.
It will be less frustrating and take less time than trying to figure out what Windows did to you overnight.

My MAME machines are all now intentionally air-gapped.

My experience is that bad things happen to MAME setups when Windows decides it will make your life better and update for you without asking.

I have previously had to start all over again to get my CRTemudriver setup happy again.

A few times in fact.

Tedious yes, but still quite worth the effort.

Actually, I never got my 5450 card to work properly and wound up with a 7670 in both my machines.

All is well with those now though.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Osirus23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: CRT Emudriver Setup doesn't find my ATI Radeon HD 5450
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 01:22:54 pm »
What does Windows say is installed as a Display Adapter in Device Manager? Something other than "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" or other generic name probably means Windows has installed a specific driver for it.

Related: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,163736.0.html

Seems that Windows 10 is "helping out" by stomping on CRT Emudriver and installing some other crap automatically. Probably best off with a clean install and keep it disconnected from the network.