Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Just got myself a sit-down Crusin' USA machine. Marquee lights keep blowing up!  (Read 905 times)

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
Hello!

I just got myself a nice original sit-down Crusin' USA machine for my home. I noticed the marquee wasn't lighting up, so I went to the store and bought a pack of F15T8-CW bulbs and some FS-2 starters.

I plugged in the new bulb, and it instantly made a pop sound, and turned off. The bulb is now dead (I tried it in my other cabinet). So I replaced the FS-2 starter, and then put in another new bulb, and that popped too!

This thing keeps frying bulbs. I have no clue why. Would finding an LED version of this bulb solve this issue? If so, does it matter what wattage or voltage LED bulb I buy? I am seeing online there are 12V bulbs, 120V bulbs, and different wattages as well. Does this matter?

If the entire bulb-holding mechanism needs to be replaced, how would I wire it up? I don't want to have to plug it into an outlet because I want the light to turn on only when the game is on, and to turn off only when the game turns off.

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated!

Vocalitus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Get a multi-meter and see what voltage is coming out of that socket.  If you are unsure of how to use a multi-meter, contact a qualified professional.  Safety first!  :cheers: