Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problems with Rowe External Dual Volume Control  (Read 1660 times)

Mr Bridger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2021, 08:55:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Problems with Rowe External Dual Volume Control
« on: October 03, 2020, 09:34:26 am »
Hi, if anybody who can help on this one,

I got hold of one of the dual volume controls.
I followed the instructions on a previous post and in the manual about which speaker connections on the amp to remove and which to re-connect.
Wired the appropriate cables onto the board that covers the amp from the volume control and moved the jumper over as per instructions.

Tried it and hit a problem.

The new speakers are on full blast and cannot be controlled.....
I have re-set the juke box to the original volume wirings, moved the jumper back and used the control to alter the volume as if it it was only a single  volume function. Left the new speakers connected but tested both volume dials on the control and they work fine for single control volume. Used both wirings to test both pots and they both are working fine in single volume mode.

Swapped it all back again and the externals are still on full blast and not responding.

Hope all this makes sense, but any ideas what I might be doing wrong?