Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wrally and Wrally2 Gear Icon on Screen  (Read 1873 times)

xbrunox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:45:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wrally and Wrally2 Gear Icon on Screen
« on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:24 am »

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:08:27 pm
Re: Wrally and Wrally2 Gear Icon on Screen
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:18:43 am »
The forum you posted bruno is in italian, so it's very likely that noone will understand a word :D
Anyway, I was toying with mame layout files when bruno asked if it was possible to add the shifter position icon to wrally and wrally2. MAME source code has no .lay files for wrally, but chances where hi that from the user accessible "artwork" folder something could be done without the need for a custom rebuild. And this is the case: simply by copying a "default.lay" (with a couple of constants adapted) file under \artwork\romname\ you can have a layout that is a function of a button state (the most used is the gear position, but it's not limited to that!).
Bruno, if you have access to the two files (one for wrally and the other for wrally2), please upload (I am typing at the phone now and I have not those files here).
Wr are now trying to figure out how to show a shifter icon on a second monitor for player 2, but it should be doable
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:21:16 am by baritonomarchetto »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:45:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Wrally and Wrally2 Gear Icon on Screen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 06:16:45 am »
the files! unzip inside artwork dir in mame in a subdir named like the zip